This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Power Unit Update: 52R combine

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Power Unit Update: 52R combine

Postby Super A » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:28 pm

Double-checked the timing, thought SURE I had it whipped this time! Still no go. I have good spark, compression "feels" good, (I still want to get a test gauge and see exactly how much I have on all 4 cylinders) but I don't think I'm getting fuel. Can't smell anything at the sparkplugs. I've tried pouring a little bit in a cylinder but that doesn't seem to make much difference. I have gotten a few little pops, and some smoke from the exhaust pipe. (I think just burning oil I poured in cylinders for lube and compression.) I took the two halves of the carb apart and all "looks" ok, when you choke it, then open the choke you get a good teaspoon of gas out the front of the carb.

I am thinking the carb needs work. Anything else I could check?? I am remembering why I sold those two !@@#*(#$)(#%()#$()* Cubs I had!!!! :evil:

WHAT DO I TRY NOW???
Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:45 pm

Super A:

I have been through what you are going through now :roll: It can be exasperating for sure. Here is what I did.

I reread the Best of H.L. Chauvin about a dozen times in conjunction with the Blue Ribbon Service Manual, GSS - 1012 Pages 4-7. Both are on the Manual Server.

It is probably something real simple such as the cleaning the tube that runs from the breather pipe to the block. Or, making sure that the main jet is clean including the little orifice on the end. Use a small wire to make sure that it is not plugged and clean with Carb cleaner. Make sure that you are not sucking air. Make sure your plugs are correct (Champion D-21's) and that the gap is correct. Also make sure the gap is correct on the points.

If I forgot anything I am sure someone will pop up to help.

I hope this is of some help to you. But as a little consolation - I knew absolutely nothing about Cubs until I bought mine, and I am in now way shape or form a mechanic, but I have been able to get Ellie running like a top. I am sure you will as well.

Just read the manuals and Chauvin. That should be the ticket.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall Cub”