This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

#2 is in the barn

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

#2 is in the barn

Postby Steve Butram » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:26 pm

I bought #2 yesterday at an auction yesterday. Let's just say It was bought fora reasonable price. Don't want to make enyone choke! It dosn't have the serial tag on the steering casting but It has the IH emblem on the center of the hood and the metal Cub emblems on the side With the metal oval cub emblems on the dog legs and a white face grill It appeared to be an original early 50s untill I started checking the casting #s. I came up with 4/13/R on the engine and 3/15/R on the touch control unit So that would make the cub a 48 in 53 clothing. The original owner has passed away and it was sold by the estate so I don't have a good history on the unit . The family at the sale stated it was a early 50s. Any input on the casting #s would be appreciated. The digital camera has given up the ghost so no pix at this time Thanks Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:56 pm

Well Steve, I could try to date it for you. But I'd have to look at it real close. Do you mind if I bring my trailer? :wink: :wink: :wink:
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:28 pm

The R date codes would be '48 or '70. The metal ovals were used from '58 to '63.

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Postby Steve Butram » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:57 pm

Big Dog, go ahead and bring the trailer but you won't be taking it home. There was a flat faced lo boy that went for $1050 I missed out on it but I opted for the red one.

Jim, I believe it has the wrong sheet metal on it but to the casual observer it will probably be restored to 50s standard.

Thanks for the replies Steve.
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Return to “Farmall Cub”