This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oh, my aching back!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
nenenick
10+ Years
10+ Years

Oh, my aching back!!

Postby nenenick » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:44 am

Hello everbody, I'm new to this, how do you attach a plow to the cub? On my 51, the depth bar touches the tire! (It may be because of a little bend in it) The tires are set the closest inside position! I'ved looked in the manuals and photos but have not been able to see clearly how the tires are set.
Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

FlyByNite
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby FlyByNite » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:37 pm

Maybe this:

http://www.tm-tractor.com/gim/193_plow_001.htm

will help you.

Enjoy
FlyByNite
48 Cub # 55082

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:00 pm

Off the top of my head, I think the tires need to be set at 44" tread, the widest setting with the disks turned in.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:30 pm

Jim Becker wrote:Off the top of my head, I think the tires need to be set at 44" tread, the widest setting with the disks turned in.

That's probably the best width, but my '57 is set up at 40" and the lever works fine. Maybe that's why it plowed well when I had the plow mounted in the center.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:57 pm

I just checked the manual and 44" is what it says. I have mine set that way and it has plenty of clearance with 9.5 tires. I think I tried it once set at 40" and found it to be a problem. Smaller tires would have more clearance and probably work out better at the narrow setting.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:09 pm

Jim Becker wrote:I just checked the manual and 44" is what it says. I have mine set that way and it has plenty of clearance with 9.5 tires. I think I tried it once set at 40" and found it to be a problem. Smaller tires would have more clearance and probably work out better at the narrow setting.

Jim,

Yes, I was going to add that. I'm using an old set of original Firestone 8.00 tires which should be the same width as today's 8.3 tires. There's no extra room for 9.3 width.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”