This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Greetings!

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30543

Greetings!

Postby Big Bear » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:54 am

Hi ya'll. Just thought it was about time that I signed up and hopped onboard. Dear old :lol: dad has been talking Cubs intensly for months now and will not stop going on about it. Maybe it has something to do with the StoneThrow Cubfest he's working really hard at. Ya think? Nah. It's deeper than that. He really loves this group, and thinks the world of ya'll. My family and I had the privilidge of meeting a few of you and your families last year at his first little get together. I must say we had a wonderful time and I look forward to seeing everyone and remembering how much I forgot! (Read: I'm horrible with both names and faces!). :oops:

Yup. Kodiak is my dad. He, my grandpa, and my daughter have succeded in giving me the "Cub bug". No plans on the immediate horizion to acquire one, but I "think" I know what I want. I plan on hanging out and lurking a bit to get a lot more info.

I have a wonderful wife, a teenage step-son, and darling daughter of 4 (who absolutely LOVES riding (and driving!) on her great-grandpa's cub :big smile: ), and I am a network administrator for a small company in Gainesville, Ga.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say it's an honour to be a part of such a great group.

Regards,
Big Bear (-Chris)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Chris, welcome and about time you stopped "Lurking" out there.

You're Dad's a fine man, and I'm sure he's tickled to death to have his son now playing in the same games with him.
Mike Duncan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:11 pm

Welcome, Chris. The more Whitings, the merrier. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 pm

Welcome aboard Chris.

Image Image Image

Sorry to hear about Kodiac being your dad.

Seriously though, I met Kodiac at the Cubtug this year. He's a fine person. 8) He sure can pull a sled too. :lol: :lol:
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.

Postby Denny Clayton » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:06 pm

Welcome aboard, Chris. My first born is Chris, too. I am the co-custodian of the "Golden Shaft" award your dad hauled back to Georgia from the 'Tug.

'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:47 pm

Chris - welcome aboard! Your dad is one heck of a nice guy and a valued part of this forum. That says a lot for what kind of fellow you must be. I look forward to meeting you some day!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

spiveyman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29644

Postby spiveyman » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:52 pm

welcome Chris - it's gonna be fun this weekend. Cant wait! You're daddy's told me stories about you :shock: . haha, we had breakfast one morning earlier this summer. I'm studying computer science, he told me he had two sons that both went into C.S.! Hope to see ya there!

Andrew
Andrew Spivey

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

'49 Cub.....(Mr. Cub)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:45 pm

Chris:

Welcome to the family well the extended family. And glad you came in out of the cold. Your Dad is a great guy... and a valued member of this forum. I know he is addicted.. to Cubs big time.. He is also a great idea guy and fabricator. I like seeing his projects as they have always helped me figure out how to do stuff.

I do hope you find the Cub you want.. and do keep the little one's involved. Sounds like a 4 generation case of Extreme CubItis.. and there is no know cure excpet to acquire a passel of em.

To help in reading up.. even though you may have seen it before, here is your very own version of the Welcome Wagno. Oh btw.. nice to see another computer geek on the group.. there are a few of us.

First, Image to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks I have ever met :!: :D

The Welcome Wagon is a relatively brief introduction to the information that is currently available on Cub tractors, and answers many of the common questions new members ask right of the bat. Although it is a bit overwhelming :shock: , it has been designed to actually be copied to a Word Processor such as Microsoft Word (which preserves the active links), and saved to your desktop for easy reference at a later date or when you have a bit more time to read all the information contained in the links below. Please do so, enjoy and I hope this will be a useful aid in learning more about your New Cub Tractor :!: :D

Filling out your Image Profile is a real help. It just needs to be - State,City, County, a lot less than what is available in your local phone book. Knowing where you are will help in members offering to come help, when you are looking for parts - the area that would be useful to you etc., Also our CubFests, Mini-Fests or a simple KaffeeKlatsch/get together over coffee and a doughnut etc., to help each other benefits. Just a thought :!:

Ok, so here is the spiel Image:

I would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ Prior to Posting. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub. One of the other projects we have been working on and it will be a continuing effort is the The Cub Book of Knowledge. This the the place to go to get all the quick links to some very good articles written by many members of the forum on solving some of the problems we encounter as we repair, maintain and up-grade our Cubs. Keep looking for this to grow.

Also, you might want to visit the Cub Manual Server as there is tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub. In addition to this basic information, there are also a number of other useful tools available on the server. There is the Specialty Services page which has contact info for neat stuff like getting your seats recovered, buying quality Decals, Serial Number tags and a host of other neat items. Also there are the Parts Pages - both Used Parts Suppliers and New Parts Suppliers pages with links to quality dealers. I am always looking for YOUR favourite dealers for New and Used Parts to include here. These pages are intended to complement our Official FarmallCub.com Website Sponsors:I would also recommend that you visit Binder Books and purchase the three most important manuals you can own for Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding your Cub. These are the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the Cub Manual Server, it is better if you also have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only Authorized IH Publication Reprint House and they have the best quality manuals available. Most other's are not of the same quality. Just a personal thought here, the I&T Shop Manuals, although helpful in some areas, really are not sufficient for the job. If you wish though, they are good additional reference works.

IF you really want to get the skinny on all things Cub, might I suggest you get a copy of Ken Updike's Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet's :?: . While you are at it Original Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet is Ken's latest addition to the series. Along with Guy Fay's Letter Series Originality Guide, these are three must have's in anyone's collection.

In addition to the above information, don't forget to check out the various articles that are available to help with your Repair, Restore, Rebuild or just your Maintenance Projects. There are a number of sub pages such as Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's, Maintenance Tips, Jigs and Techniques, Implement and Part Sketches and of course the Paint, Decals & Other Finish Questions which has the Paint Chart and the Paint Committee Decisions links.

Oh, and while the program still lasts.. you might want to check the Announcement: Navistar Free Gas Cap Offer - On-Line Form thread at the top of the Cub Forum and send away for the new style safety cap before that program runs out as well. The program has been extended and no new definite end-date has been announced at this point. It is an extension only and may end rather quickly depending on available stocks. Please do take advantage of this offer and get the new safety caps :idea: :!:

I truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, Image to the Cub FamilyImage :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:39 am

chris welcome :!: see you guys this weekend, should be fun as it was last year. :D
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Big Bear » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:38 am

Hey guys, thanks for such a warm fuzzy welcome. If ya'll keep it up like this, I'm gonna need to go buy some NBA sized shoes and a 5 gallon bucket of miracle-grow for my feet! :shock:

Into Tractors. I read your intro. 8) It's an honour to be in the presence of any Veteran. I salute you and your service and have no way of adequately expressing my thanks to you and all those who served and are now serving. On the note of tractors.... what's a sandbox without sharing the toys! :D

Mr. McCombs. Thanks for the welcome. We'll be working on my "lil" brother next... :wink:

JimT. What else is there to say? Love your sense of humour and lightheartedness... Laughter IS the best medicine! ... Sleds? What sleds... ?!? :lol:

Denny. Rusty is a fine specimin of a tractor. Glad you decided to keep him. The determination of the grille, the powerful grips of the front tires, the determined stance... Definitely a thou-rough-bred. But where did you find that jockey :?: Seriously, that tractor has character. I'd keep it forever just the way it is!

Bigdog. The honour would be all mine, and I can't wait. By the way... how many have they managed to NOT hide from you? :!:

Spiveyman. All I can say is don't believe everything you hear! I look forward to talking to you on Saturday! :) I'm sure the day will be too short! :(

Rudi. Thanks for rolling out the Welcome Wagon... All you guys do a great job around here. All this info and knowledge will be more than sufficient in moving me from "think" to "KNOW". Oh, and the little one will make sure she's involved... :wink:

Ron. Ditto! See you Saturday! :)

Seriously, can't begin to convey the respect that goes out to this fine group and thanks for the warm welcomes. Through dad's stories I feel like I know a good bit about some of you even though I don't really. If I get it mixed up, then just straighten me out! I love to kid, so PLEASE let me know if anything ever comes across the wrong way. Ah, the world of text...
Regards,
Big Bear

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:22 am

Welcome Chris, nice to know Ron is your Dad. I haven't met him yet. but he seems like a super person 8) :!: . Pete

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:39 am

Big Bear wrote:JimT. What else is there to say? Love your sense of humour and lightheartedness... Laughter IS the best medicine! ... Sleds? What sleds... ?!? :lol:

Cubtug Sleds..

He was this years master of the sled.
JimT

If you can't find it, don't lose it.

Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Big Bear » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:26 pm

So... now the process goes something like this?

Acquire Cub Lo-Boy (preferably 60 / 55 / 65 in that order) - Wow... 3 on the wish list already! :shock: Maybe I need to add a standard one in there too?!? :!:
Acquire implements for my use (mower deck / trailer)
Acquire Sleds (entertainment)

Sounds quite reasonable to me... :wink: now all I need is a bit-o-land and the process would go much easier.

One Day... :D :roll: :D
Regards,

Big Bear

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:58 pm

Big Bear wrote:So... now the process goes something like this?

Acquire Cub Lo-Boy (preferably 60 / 55 / 65 in that order) - Wow... 3 on the wish list already! :shock: Maybe I need to add a standard one in there too?!? :!:
Acquire implements for my use (mower deck / trailer)
Acquire Sleds (entertainment)

Sounds quite reasonable to me... :wink: now all I need is a bit-o-land and the process would go much easier.

One Day... :D :roll: :D

While I don't know your Dad as well as you, from my short time getting to know him, he seems pretty 'Easy Going" so I'd be willing to bet he'd loan you an implement to play with, and I'd be willing to bet he'd allow you to come and play on his land with your Cub? What a better way for a Father & Son to spend time together,,,,,,Just Cubbing Around
:tractor:
Mike Duncan

Big Bear
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Big Bear » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:25 pm

Into Tractors wrote:While I don't know your Dad as well as you, from my short time getting to know him, he seems pretty 'Easy Going" so I'd be willing to bet he'd loan you an implement to play with, and I'd be willing to bet he'd allow you to come and play on his land with your Cub? What a better way for a Father & Son to spend time together,,,,,,Just Cubbing Around
:tractor:

Indeed... he loves for us to spend time with him at his shop. Shoot, we love spending time with him at his shop! Yes, I am very fortunate in that I actually have access to both his and my grandpa's cub. To tell the truth, I didn't want to get off the Lo-Boy to leave last time we were down there. I could have ran it all night too. I love the sound of those engines... Almost a lullaby.
Regards,

Big Bear

Return to “Introduce Yourself”