This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

185 LoBoy questions

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

185 LoBoy questions

Postby Trent M » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:19 am

I am considering a 185 LoBoy. It seems to be a decent tractor. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but are the transmission clutches in these problematic? I asked the current owner about the clutch and he said "it might be worn, it grinds sometimes when trying to get it to go into gear." Would this sympton indicate transmission clutch? Also, is it a major undertaking (labor and/or expense) to rectify the situation?
Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:50 am

Trent - the number series cubs utilized a clutch located in front of the transmission rather than on the flywheel. They also used a clutch brake to stop the spinning disk when the pedal was depressed. Historically, they were a problematic set-up. The one you are looking at may just have worn pads on the clutch brake but it is really hard to say without looking. They are not particularly hard to work on but I believe parts are not cheap.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”