This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hi to all again.

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hi to all again.

Postby D.Nickerson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:27 am

Hi all. Yeah, I know I'm doing this a little backwards. I kinda skiped this forum and posted about a cub mag.

Anyway, my name is Doug as alot of you know already. We just got our first Cub on Sept 29. It makes it our 5th Farmall and our 13th tractor. I'm 35 and have been a Welder/Fabricator pretty much all my life. I think I struck my first arc when I was about 7 or 8(my old man was a welder). I've been around tractors my whole life also. My wife's name is Loni, and we've been married for a little over 2 years. Our son's name is Clay, and is already showing an interest in tractors. My wife wants a Farmall C. Our smallest tractor is the Cub we got, and the bigest we have is a Farmall MD.

I live in Hatfield PA., which is about 15 minutes south of Quakertown in southeast PA. My old man lives in Pennsburg Pa. which is where all our tractors are. He's got 10 acres, so I usually try to do big gardens every year.

I've gotta say that this IS the best forum on the net. Just the little bit I've been on so far, I can't help but notice how nice everyone is. I belong to another forum that can get downright nasty. But then again, the whole world ain't what it used to be. I wanted to thank everyone again for the great welcome you gave me, and for all the great help so far.

For Rudi, Bigdog, and everyone else involved with this site, KEEP UP THE GREAT FORUM. Thanks for your time. Doug

Doug Nickerson,
Hatfield Pa.

'29 Regular..... '37 F-12..... '42 H.....'50 MD.... '51 Cub.....I-4 Schramm..... '36 JD A..... '40 JD A..... '85 JD 1050..... '48 Oliver Row Crop 60..... '49 Oliver Row Crop 77

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:08 am

Doug, welcome "Officially" to the Forum.
have been a Welder/Fabricator pretty much all my life.

You're in good company here, there are several more just like you have the ability to make things our of thin air. Need to try and convince you to move to Ohio though :twisted: , Could really put your talents to good use in my neighborhood. Welcome again :D :D
Mike Duncan

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:32 am

Welcome Doug! I am new here myself and I sure can't find a bad thing to say about the folks that frequent this site either. I have asked a few questions and it seems as though they all want to help. Makes a guy want to stick around when your treated so well.

Enjoy your Cub.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

PageRob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 86040
Tractors Owned: 1948 Farmall Cub "Black Cat"
Mamod TE1A "Kayenta"

Postby PageRob » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:55 am

Welcome aboard!
"The only thing we did was wrong was stay in the wilderness too long/the only thing we did was right was the day we started to fight."
-Old Spiritual

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316

Postby TexCub » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:17 pm

Glad to have you Doug!!! That picture looks looks like me and my boy cruising around on the Cub! Only I keep a little more hair on top!! I'd trade it all in a minute for those Cub headlights, though!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm real proud of just about everything our son says and does, but he probably says "Track-Toor" a couple hundred times a day and I love it! His momma and the grandma's don't like it quite as much as I do though!!! Again, a big welcome from the Lone Star state!!!!

Dave
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby D.Nickerson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:43 pm

Into Tractors wrote:Doug, welcome "Officially" to the Forum.
have been a Welder/Fabricator pretty much all my life.

You're in good company here, there are several more just like you have the ability to make things our of thin air. Need to try and convince you to move to Ohio though :twisted: , Could really put your talents to good use in my neighborhood. Welcome again :D :D

Mike, Thanks for the compliment, but don't hold your breath.LOL If and when we do move out of state, it's going to be Florida. I just can't take this cold damp PA weather anymore. I'm still young yet, I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get old. Oh, by the way, thanks for the picture posting help yesterday. Doug
Doug Nickerson,

Hatfield Pa.

'29 Regular..... '37 F-12..... '42 H.....'50 MD.... '51 Cub.....I-4 Schramm..... '36 JD A..... '40 JD A..... '85 JD 1050..... '48 Oliver Row Crop 60..... '49 Oliver Row Crop 77

D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby D.Nickerson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:48 pm

Barnyard wrote:Welcome Doug! I am new here myself and I sure can't find a bad thing to say about the folks that frequent this site either. I have asked a few questions and it seems as though they all want to help. Makes a guy want to stick around when your treated so well.

Enjoy your Cub.

Yeah, it's amazing how being treated good wants you to hang around more. I'm still trying to get used to not seeing smart remarks to topics. Doug
Doug Nickerson,

Hatfield Pa.

D.Nickerson
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby D.Nickerson » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:52 pm

TexCub wrote:Glad to have you Doug!!! That picture looks looks like me and my boy cruising around on the Cub! Only I keep a little more hair on top!! I'd trade it all in a minute for those Cub headlights, though!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I'm real proud of just about everything our son says and does, but he probably says "Track-Toor" a couple hundred times a day and I love it! His momma and the grandma's don't like it quite as much as I do though!!! Again, a big welcome from the Lone Star state!!!!

Dave

It doesn't get any better than kids on old tractors, it makes me smile. Yeah, some people think I've lost my hair. Truth is I have a full head of hair. I shave it every morning. Gets too hot welding. Doug
Doug Nickerson,

Hatfield Pa.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:44 pm

D.Nickerson wrote:I'm still trying to get used to not seeing smart remarks to topics. Doug

Well, that happens here too. The only difference is that it is all in good humor and never meant maliciously. The recipient also knows that. Good moderators make a big difference on any forum and they have them here.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

JimT
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 38482
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub-Buttercub
582 Cub Cadet-Brutus
109 Cub Cadet-Bee-atrice
129 Cub Cadet-Artie

Postby JimT » Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:41 am

Image Image Image
JimT