This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Replacing Radiator Hose

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Replacing Radiator Hose

Postby Dan England » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:13 pm

I received a call today requesting info on how to replace the short hose through which water returns from the radiator to the engine block. I don't think that this can be done without removal of the radiator. Two questions: Is there an easier way to accomplish this? If not, is there any type of wrap which can be used to serve as a temporary fix. The Cub belongs to an elderly person. Last fall, he asked a neighbor (notice that I did not use the word "good") to drain the radiator since he could not remember whether it contained antifreeze. The neighbor's procedure for draining was to stick a screwdriver through the lower radiator hose. Thanks for any information which you may provide. Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:25 pm

Dan,

You can take the casting off of the side of the block to get to the hose. You may need to make another gasket as those old gaskets are rather brittle.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 10, 2004 9:17 pm

Dan:

Going Donny's route is the easiest and probably the cheapest way to go. THe other option is to take off the mag. :roll: Don't ask why I know this ok :?: :oops: :roll: :oops:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:06 pm

Thanks, Donny and Rudi. I had not realized that the inlet could be removed from the engine. You have made my day (I don't have to remove the radiator to fix it) and I am sure that the owner will be also be happy to hear this. Dan

Return to “Farmall Cub”