This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Clutch trouble.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Clutch trouble.

Postby Greg » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:16 am

I rebuilt a cub (thanks for all the help) and put in a new Bates throwout bearing. I also adjusted pressure plate fingers to specs. It is running great, but after about 4hrs of use, the clutch stopped working. When I look at it, it looks as if the side yokes (of throwout bearing) are hitting the pressure plate fingers when I depress the clutch. Any thoughts on what I did wrong?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:42 am

I think you put the throwout bearing yoke on backwards. Others may have some other ideas.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:48 am

Greg, I saw your comment on the ATIS bbs, and I think you may have gotten a faulty one. I've never installed one, but the ones I 've seen extended out the engine side of the case just as the original graphite block did.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Greg » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:13 am

I received a response off-line from a helpful chap. He had 2 Bates bearings do the same thing. Anyone else have this problem? Should I go to the old graphite bearing?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:56 pm

If you go back to the graphite, get one form your Case/IH/CNH dealer, not an aftermarket one. I decided to save a little money by buying an aftermarket one a few years ago and went through 3 of them in 14 months. When I bought one from my dealer, everything was ok.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”