This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PTO shifter thingy

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

PTO shifter thingy

Postby Indiana Robinson » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:41 pm

The repaired shifter thingy is still working on my CUB but I haven't had my Woods 42 back on it. I decided that I would go ahead and put a new factory shifter thingy in it before I put the mower back on. I'm sure the little button that runs in the slot of the coupler sleeve is harder on the factory one than the piece I repaired mine with. I hope all of this high tech talk has't confused anybody. :)
Anywho, does anybody have the part number of that little quadrant and shaft part handy? If I go to my dealer I may get some kid that ask "what is a CUB?"
Isn't that stinking little thing about $50?
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:55 pm

Frobl,

Now you're making me feel bad! I liked your repair with the socket head screw so well that I did one like it. I agree that it isn't as hard... the entire lever assembly is hardened, very hard. Many guys get by replacing the hardened tip on a shifter with brass, so maybe it'll be O.K.

The original part number is: 351 287 R11
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Return to “Farmall Cub”