This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Belt pully

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Belt pully

Postby RedNed » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:17 pm

Just a quick question. Should I get a Belt Pully for my cub? Does anybody ever use it?Why do I see them for sale and they all look like they have sat in a Barn for years with no time on them. Need some feedback on some of (as we say on Lang Isssland ) "youse guys"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Apr 15, 2004 11:23 pm

There were very few attachments that usesd the rear pulley attachment. Some of the buzz saws, small feed grinders, etc. To use the sickle mower or a belly mower, the pulley attachment had to be removed. As people got chainsaws and gas heat, as well as bigger feed grinders requiring bigger tractors, most of the pulleys were just thrown on a shelf in the barn and left setting. I have one for Missy that also was laying on a shelf in a barn. It will be put on for tractor shows, and then will go on a shelf in the barn tje rest of the time.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:55 am

What John said, and in addition... many tractors and pulleys became separated permanently when the pulley was removed to use the rear rock shaft. They conflicted with each other. Usually, in that case, the pulley itself was removed and the gear box may have been left in place.

It's fun sometimes to re-unite the parts after a long separation... even though they may not be the exact same ones. The same thing is true of plows that are removed and the depth control lever stays with the tractor.

I have some of the parts that were left on a tractor when a hillside plow was removed. I doubt they'll ever find a home. The guy I bought the tractor from didn't know they were there.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:54 pm

George:

By hillside plow, do you mean the Cub-189? What parts do you have? I am looking for the latch bars especially! Jointer, coulter and a few odds and ends would be interesting as well.....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:55 pm

Rudi wrote:George:

By hillside plow, do you mean the Cub-189? What parts do you have? I am looking for the latch bars especially! Jointer, coulter and a few odds and ends would be interesting as well.....

Rudi,

Yes, I mean a 189. All I have is the bracket and the spring loaded latches that bolt to the tractor, and their brace. I don't know the part numbers. If they are of any value to you, I'll send them to you. I'll take a picture if it will help.

When I had most of the rest of the plow, some kind soul sent me a tracing of the latching levers which I was lacking so I could make a pair, but its gone now.
George Willer

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:31 pm

George:

Yup, a pic would be a help. And I appreciate the offer immensely :)

Those latch bars are going to be a bit of a pain I think.. hopefully I can get the Right-hand ones made. That is part of the fun of older equipment I guess - trying to find all the parts that are missing. Almost like an old fashioned treasure hunt.

Question. Why is it called a hillside plow?
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby George Willer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:44 pm

Question. Why is it called a hillside plow?

That's a little tough for us flatlanders, but I think it was because it could be used to contour plow across slopes... reversing direction, but always turning the furrow uphill.

I'll take a photo tomorrow but send it privately so I don't have to put it on the web.
George Willer

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:45 pm

Thank you, will look for it

Return to “Farmall Cub”