This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Zenith Carburetor

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44882
Tractors Owned: !949 Farmall Cub

Zenith Carburetor

Postby Bob Hawley » Fri Apr 16, 2004 2:49 pm

Well guys I got a Zenith carb and the hose to connect it to the breather. Question 1, the hose apparently replaces the metal pipe and I would like to know if I can cut about 2 inches from the pipe and use it as a splice to connect? Question 2, the two linkages are the choke and the govenor, correct? Question 3, Can I take the part from my old carb and place it on the spindle so that both rods are attached on the same side of the carb? Question 4, any recommendations on gasket sealer? I apologize for all the questions, I just do not have much practical experience. Thanks in advance, Bob :oops:
Bob Hawley

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:20 pm

Bob:

Here is the blow up of the Zenith Carb:

If I remember correctly from a previous post, there is an adapter hose that fits the air breather on one end and the zenith on the other. Don't cut the breather pipe! Get the adapter hose.... part number 13 on the drawing below with a Case IH part number of 107 142 C1

Hope it helps
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Hawley » Fri Apr 16, 2004 3:50 pm

Rudi, Thanks for the info. I see the two connectors at either end. I didn't realize there was one at the top. I will have to look up under the hood a little closer. The layout of the carb I also have in your earlier recommendation on the parts book. I will have to study it longer. I don't see it quite the way the picture shows it, but I will get there. Thanks again, Bob
Bob Hawley

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:05 pm

Bob, at some point your going to realize that the Zenith flange is larger than the manifold. It will work fine. If it bothers you there is a replacement manifold available that has the same size flange as the carb. I just bought one new for $55.00.

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Hawley » Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:55 am

Thanks WK, You're right, I did notice that, but I assumed it must work. You know what they say about assuming. Thanks for the reply. The folks on this site are always covering you. It's nice to know that there is backup here. Bob
Bob Hawley

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:02 am

I think George W. was making the choke rod adapter for the zenith carb swap. He will probably chime in and give you the correct info. :?:
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Apr 17, 2004 7:51 am

johnbron wrote:I think George W. was making the choke rod adapter for the zenith carb swap. He will probably chime in and give you the correct info. :?:

The choke shaft can be turned around and the I.H. lever used on the same shaft on the engine side. Then the choke rod can be hooked up normally. I think you will want the lever pointing straight down when the choke is off.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Hawley » Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:52 pm

johnbron and George, Thanks for the help. I'm going with the engine side connection. Had windows to replace today and haven't got back to the Cub. Bob
Bob Hawley

Bob Hawley
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bob Hawley » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:09 pm

Hi Guys! I finally got some time to mount the Zenith on my Cub. I didn't realize not everything lines up. My question now is about the fuel line from the sediment bowl to the carb. At the carb end the line will not seat into the elbow and strainer assembly, do I have to have a different fuel pipe or elbow? Thanks, Bob :oops:
Bob Hawley

Return to “Farmall Cub”