This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Looking For Input

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Looking For Input

Postby Rudi » Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:03 pm

Judging by all the questions on plowing, disking, hilling, planting, cultivating and such a thought has occured to me :idea: :roll: :oops: :lol:

Would it not be a good idea to have a how to do this series of articles starting with laying out a garden, then plowing, then disking etc. Maybe it could be a collaborative effort amonst a number of our Fellow Cubbers :?: :idea:

I would attempt it but cannot for a number of reasons - 1 being I do not have enough experience. 2 being I really don't have the time. The manuals and the server take up most of what little free time I have left at this time of year. Course starting Jethro has mucked that up a bit.....

So, how about it guys, what do you think? Input on the idea would be nice and input from those who might be willing to share the invaluable knowledge they have gained over the years would be -- well -- invaluable :lol:

Pics and a narrative similar to what is being submitted for the Maintenance Tips and Techniques Section would be perfect :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:23 pm

I'll dive in here... YEA, I think it would be a great idea. The thing I love MOST about the web is that it can be the greatest learning tool out there.

What could be better than learning how to use my cub!!

Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Chris Todd
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43701
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1947 Farmall Circle Cub
1973 Int. 474

Garden Series

Postby Chris Todd » Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:32 am

Rudi,
Sounds like a great idea and just what a lot of members could use to put their Cubs to work. Mowing grass is easy enough but I think many would like to garden with their machines but don't have the "Know How". Me included :!: Another thought, if this is "Overload" with your time consumption working on manuals, would be if some were to cut a video :idea: :?: Just some thoughts :)
Chris Todd

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:08 am

Chris:

Video clips - short ones would be an excellent tool to include with the pics and narratives. As for Overload - that is not the main concern. If the articles are submitted, then all I have to do is format the document to match the standard format then upload the files and revised indexes. Not a big job at all.

What I am hoping will happen is that a few of our fellow cubbers who have years of experience with each of the implements will volunteer to do the articles. This could also include stuff like how to use the Cub-54A properly -- surprisingly there has been a lot of discussion on that over the last year and a half, use and care of a post hole digger and stuff like that.

What I really would like to see is that through articles like these, we can inspire not only our existing Cub Friends, but inspire those who visit us to actually go out, find and restore then use their Cubs.

It certainly would go a long way to increasing the visibility of the World's Greatest Small Farm Tractor
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:47 am

For those of us who thought a plow ONLY went on the front for snow, it's a great idea. Might be the start of a Red Power article? Jim? :)

Funny story. True. 2nd grade teacher from southern Texas is up visiting my Dad and his Wife last winter. Question from teacher... What's the yellow thing on the front of some of the trucks around here? :lol:
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Return to “Farmall Cub”