This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Old Gas/ gum in sediment bowl

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LYNYRD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70453
Tractors Owned: 1974 IH Cub
1975 IH Cub
MF 135
TO-20
Ford 3000
12 D Harrow Plow
151 Disc Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Old Gas/ gum in sediment bowl

Postby LYNYRD » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:10 am

One of my cubs has been neglected for about a year, I removed old gas from tank cleaned sediment bowl(1/8" deep in gum). I blew ait from gas line back through tank. Put in new gas and I get no flow to carburator. I plan on removeing new gas and take sediment bowl assembly. What is good for removing gum/varnis out of fuel system? All help appreciated...

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:18 am

There is a screen in the top of the sediment bowl that may be gummed up, also a screen in the carb behind the fuel line fitting. float valve may also be gummed up. If there is rust in the gas tank it could be falling over the intake. Might check vents in gas cap too.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Re: Old Gas/ gum in sediment bowl

Postby Ron L » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:13 pm

Charles Story wrote: What is good for removing gum/varnis out of fuel system?

Carburator cleaner in a spray can would be good.......
Ron

LYNYRD
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70453
Tractors Owned: 1974 IH Cub
1975 IH Cub
MF 135
TO-20
Ford 3000
12 D Harrow Plow
151 Disc Plow

Chemtool

Postby LYNYRD » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:30 pm

I used Chemtool to establish flow from tank to carb, then let it sit in carburator until it opened up. not tractor runs but only when fully chocked.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:03 pm

Now might be a good time to remove the carb, take it completely apart, and soak it in CHEM-DIP for about a week. :shock: After you remove it from the CHEM-DIP, rinse all the parts with spray cleaner and blow through all the holes/passages with compressed air. Then, go to your IH dealer and by a rebuild kit. I would suggest that you visit Rudi's server and read the articles about the IH carb submitted by Lurker Carl.

Hope all this helps in some way. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”