This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub and Implement Gallery

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Cub and Implement Gallery

Postby Rudi » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:46 pm

Just tried something new. Inspired by Lurker Carl's Power Point presentation, I thought I would try it myself.

The pics I took of Jethro's impromptu restoration begining are in, scanned and uploaded. Check it out!

Gonna be a fun project.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:45 am

Rudi, I can't get the the page. Must be that MAC thing again. When I click on the link this is what I get:

Not Found
The requested URL /Cub/Cub and Implement Gallery/\Cub\Cub and Implement Gallery\My Cubs/index.html was not found on this server.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.27 Server at http://www.cleancomputes.com Port 80

In fact only two links on that page work for me.
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:00 am

Rudi,
That's awesome!
I really like your stands, in fact, I now have an idea to make some, but with wheels on the bottom so I can move it a round the shop, plus, have the ability to roll it in and out of the shop during the paint process. Sounds pretty zany I know, but it just may work.

Your TOB does not look too bad from this distance, mine was broke and remember it cost $103.00Cdn. not including the surplus cash to fund the Sponsership scandal.

I think it's fun, it's good therapy for the mind, and.....it does not have to be ready Monday morning :D

You are fortunate to have Alton and David nearby, as they seem to be tractor gurus, and handy at TSA.
Just Do It !

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:48 am

Guy:

Not sure what is going on, but let's see if I can help.

Jethro's Restoration

K, the link works :)

Also thanks for the uknowwhat! Another email on the way!

Will have to ask my programming guru's what's up with this? A Mac should be able to access the pages. What browser and version are you using? That would help a lot I think.

EZ:

I can't really take credit cause Bob de Groot designed the original inspirations - I sort of looked at his real close from the pics posted on the board. I couldn't afford to get his jacks - which are awesome btw and well worth it (sorry Bob), cause they are really well designed. What I did was just make temp jack stands. If you look closely the base is held onto the legs by a bolt. Reason being, originally I wanted casters or in my case pneumatic tires for the rough ground. So, what I can do now, is make a base with an axle for the tires and plug the legs into them. I also wanted to make them adjustable, but I did not have the taps and dies yet -- do now, but a little too late. Maybe the next set will be adjustable. When I get some time, I will post the sketches to the server.

Thanks for the kind words. First shot at doing a Power Point project. I asked my youngest daughter Kristina for some help. Ya know what she said? "What do you mean Dad, EVERYBODY knows how to use Power Point :!: I just looked at her -- :roll: :? :? :? :oops: She is only 15 and is my HTML and other application guru! Geez, kids these days.. in my day we just tore telephones apart!
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:14 am

:?: :roll: Rudi, I dont get nutten either (picture-wise) on the page from your posted hot link. What I do see is a solid black screen with the numbered slide links as a side bar on the left. I have clicked on 5 different slide links at random and it takes me to that numbers page but still just shows a blank/black screen with white lined border where picture should be. :-:-):
Then came Bronson

Shopp'n Cubs
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Shopp'n Cubs » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:45 am

Rudi, you are welcome, hope it's going well. I''l watch for your email.
I've used both Safari and Explorer (5.2) with the same result.

As far as the link you sent, if I view it in Safari I get the same result as Johnbron. But it works in Explorer, haven't had time to go through them all yet but looks like it will be a neat series I tell ya, I keep reading all the Mac article that state Safari is the best browser for Apple OS 10.3 but it sure seams to not work on a lot of links!

Thanks
Guy
'55 Cub, (but always shopp'n!) '02 Kub, '57 Ford 640

Gar Maunula
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gar Maunula » Fri Apr 30, 2004 9:50 pm

Rudi:

I have an iMac with OS 8.6; I use Internet Explorer. I just clicked five of your slides at random. Both the pictures and text are being viewed very nicely. You have a really nice slide show.

Gar

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat May 01, 2004 5:00 am

Nice presentation, Rudi. I gotta tell ya, though, that looking at stuff like that is pushing me over the edge from dial-up to broadband. I hate to spend the extra money, but I can feel it comin'...
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat May 01, 2004 6:35 pm

Hey Guys:

Thanks for the "positive" :lol: feedback. And Guy, not sure what is going on with your browsers, same as JB.... got me stumped.

Sorry it has taken so long to get back, and no, I am not ignoring anybody. :roll: :lol:

I have been building a router for my network, so I can finally rebuild my own computer.... seems I might have made a boo-boo somewhere... I really am not that crazy about ICS... wish I understood how to connect everybody in Linux.... but I don't - YET -!

Needless to say I have been how shall we say ? - "netless" for the last day and a half or so. Redid the old setup, but it is unstable as can be so I am not sure if I will have the net in 10 minutes or not.... been like that all day.

Jeff: ya really gotta get broadband. It is the only way to go. I still configure dialup for people, but I go to sleep waiting for windows updates to load :roll: :roll: :roll:

The price will come down eventually, especially if President Bush manages to get broadband available to every American by 2007 as he wishes..... still a long time to wait.

Our Premier Bernard Lord said 2 years ago that by 2005 he wanted all of New Brunswick broadband capable. So far, NB Tel (Aliant) has got 90 percent of New Brunswick broadband accessible.... not to bad for the company that designed the Call Display, Call Answer, Call Forward, and all that neat stuff.

And guys, I will continue looking into why some browsers cannot access the server.

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby johnbron » Sat May 01, 2004 7:20 pm

:idea: Well I dug a little deeper and tried to do a _go-around_ and ended up getting this message.

"This presentation contains content that your browser may not be able to show properly. This presentation was optimized for more recent versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
If you would like to proceed anyway, [click here]"

So`s I clicked on [click-here] and ended up with the same no picture page as I got from Rudi`s hot-link. Guess I shall remain a mushroom. :P :)
Then came Bronson

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sat May 01, 2004 7:31 pm

JB:

You got webtv right?

Is there anyway you can update your browser?

Can you access this url? http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp

if not, then contact whoever provides you with webtv and see about an upgrade??

let me know ok... seems you are having the same problems that those who are still running Netscape 5.0 or less are having - Java Applet problems.....

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Nope, Rudi I am on the highest upgrae they have

Postby johnbron » Sat May 01, 2004 7:42 pm

:o :o Nope, Rudi I am on the highest upgrade they have to offer on this contraption now. WebTV has a new complete unit in the works now that is supposed to have Broadband capabilities. They are being tested now by a few select subscribers. I was offered the chance to be one of those chosen few to test the prototype and I turned them down. Now I am thinking I should have accepted and got in on the fun, Plus I could have kept the equipment fer free after its all done being tested. :-:-):
Then came Bronson

Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Catfish » Sat May 01, 2004 9:00 pm

Rudi, When I try to open it in Netscape it does not work but with Explorer it works fine.
CatfishImage

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sat May 01, 2004 11:03 pm

Well Rudi, I got the story on the side and I was able to vision the Pic's in my head. and every once in awhile I would get a Pic. I saw the jackstands, gas tank. A great job,and a fun job . Keep ou the good work.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Sun May 02, 2004 8:53 am

Catfish:

Yup, everbody says the same, and I can't open it in Netscape either :!: :?:

As much as I dislike Explorer, I am pretty well stuck with it. I got to see if I can play with the tags and stuff and see if that will improve it.

JB: ya done shoulda gone for the beta-testing. Never ever refuse free upgrades :lol:

Again, sorry for the delay. I had the net for about 30 minutes last night and then my puter dropped it. Couldn't get it back until just now... and I don't know how long I am going to have it.....

Once I get this problem solved, I will try to work on the compatibility issue as I get some time.

Return to “Farmall Cub”