This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

154 Cub for sale w/accessories....uh-oh!

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby John(videodoc) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:20 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:I'm not impressed by the 154. Far from IH's best work. Ed

I agree. Quoting from memory Kens book, which i probably shouldnt, but CCA manufactured the 154 and 185. The 154 was experimental. The clutches where located different. (dont ask me where or how). And quite often need replacement with new ownership.

I have had 2 154's and was happy to see em go. I have had a 184 (IH made) and was sad to see it go. If you plan on getting that 154, plan on installing a clutch and probably much more etc soon.....

One of the 154's i sold local, is still in pieces, as the guy(experienced professional tractor mechanic), installed and entire new drive train, and is yet to get to work correctly. Needless to say i lost a lot of money on both 154's when i sold them. But i was happy to see em go. I am sticking with FCUBs and LOBOYS. No LOWBOYS for me.
But thats just my opinion.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

ih-cubcadet-man
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61957

Postby ih-cubcadet-man » Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:24 pm

I AGREE WITH JOHN ,THE TURNING RADIUS WAS HORRIBLE, AND LACKED POWER,ILL STICK MY F CUBS,AND LOBOYS
1955 cub with fast hitch
1953 super c with fast hitch
1957 300 utility with fast hitch
1967 cub with fast hitch
and several ih cub cadets

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:01 pm

dirt devil wrote:When it was first for sale he wanted $3500 or trade for plow trucks and such. Then it went down to $3200 and then $3000. CASH ONLY blah blah. I have no idea what is wrong but at the price of fuel it would cost to much to look at without any heads up. Just my opinion.

So Jeff you are to far to go and look at it with the cost of fuel!!!!
That help :D

I've been watching that ad, too. At first I thought it was the same tractor I outside of Bangor last year, but that one had a loader on it...he wanted over $5k for it! It sat there for over a year, and then the guy went out of business. This appears to be a different, but better, one...I guess I'll probably be checking it out as it's only a half hour from here :oops:
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:10 pm

My int154 cub was my very first cub and it runs great. Its a cub cadet on steroids!!!! Or can you say super size my cub cadet!!! Its an awesome tractor too... The local dealer/lawn repair guy calls them a mowing machine....

If you buy an int154 you won't be sorry.....its a much better / smoother ride while mowing than the smaller tractors for sure.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

dirt devil
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 04461
Skype Name: dirtdevil919
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1963 Farmall Cub
1965 IH Cub Lo Boy
1964 Cub Cadet 100
1967 Cub Cadet 123

Postby dirt devil » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:29 pm

Jeff M wrote:it's only a half hour from here :oops:

Then why are you still on the computer :shock: :D 8)
Dave

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:30 pm

BigBill wrote:My int154 cub was my very first cub and it runs great. Its a cub cadet on steroids!!!! Or can you say super size my cub cadet!!! Its an awesome tractor too... The local dealer/lawn repair guy calls them a mowing machine....

If you buy an int154 you won't be sorry.....its a much better / smoother ride while mowing than the smaller tractors for sure.

It's not a problem of how they run. Rambo runs well with his 154 engine with a Briggs carburetor. The problem has to do with what they had to do to the clutch to come up with a live PTO. When you start having clutch problems you'll have more respect for the real Cubs. 8)
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: 154 Cub for sale w/accessories....uh-oh!

Postby BigBill » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Were going on almost two years now with no problems yet. I hope it stays that way, its a great machine so far. I do like the live PTO. The PO did rebuild it with 184 pistons(upgrade) maybe he did the clutch /PTO too. I been buying up extra 154 parts just incase to keep it running if something happens. I like the FCubs too after all there all a piece of IH history. No matter what tractor i'm running people driving by stare at me. The larger cubs always get a thumbs up.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re:

Postby BigBill » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:31 am

I think this was a marketing ploy by IH to get the home owner with more land to buy a INT 154 over a Fcub because he really didn't desire the farm tractor look. I just wished they called it something else rather than confuse the new guys between the two. There's two cub loboys.

Was there ever a 3pt hitch offered on the Fcub? I never seen one on an fcub yet and always wondered why. Which makes me wonder when was the fast hitch(date) offered and when did the 3pt become availabe, which came first for IH. I know that fergy invented the 3pt hitch and that changed the farming world forever it was probably the biggest invention that helped the farmer.

George Willer wrote:
BigBill wrote:My int154 cub was my very first cub and it runs great. Its a cub cadet on steroids!!!! Or can you say super size my cub cadet!!! Its an awesome tractor too... The local dealer/lawn repair guy calls them a mowing machine....

It's not a problem of how they run. Rambo runs well with his 154 engine with a Briggs carburetor. The problem has to do with what they had to do to the clutch to come up with a live PTO. When you start having clutch problems you'll have more respect for the real Cubs. 8)

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”