This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A little piece of history.

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

A little piece of history.

Postby parts man » Sun May 09, 2004 6:07 pm

Shortly after our first restoration, my father and I were looking through a Farmall A parts catalogue when we came across the tool kit in the accessories (I think) section. This jogged my fathers memory, and he went to a cupboard in the house and dug out this.

These are the feeler guages that came with my grandfather's first tractor, a 1947 W4, and they are still in the original envelope!! We went digging around the various garages on the farm and came up with , we believe, the complete original tool kit that came with grand dad's W4, including the "Lincoln lubricater". :D

BTW, the picture is pretty much actual size.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Sun May 09, 2004 7:29 pm

Parts man ,Thats pretty neat. I came from a family where we just about threw everything out.Well don't need that anymore. Hey on this Mothers Day I wish all the members on this forum and there mothers a Happy.Maybe I'll forgive her for throwing out my baseball cards. :wink:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun May 09, 2004 7:30 pm

Cool!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

Postby Arizona Mike » Sun May 09, 2004 10:41 pm

The "Farmall A" made me remember that I have a line on a BEAUTIFUL restored A in Michigan. I know the guys that did this restoration and its probably "over restored" if anything. I haven't seen it and don't know the price, but if anyone is interested let me know and I will get the details.

Where can I find a Lincoln Luber?

If you put those feeler gauges up on Ebay you might get enought for another Cub...I can't believe how much some tractor stuff is selling for. :roll:

My mom threw away my basebal cards too.

Mike

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Mon May 10, 2004 9:42 pm

WE still have the tag that was wired to the steering wheel of that W4 that had directions on care of the anti-freeze or some such thing printed on it. It is put up carefully "somewhere". So carefully that we won't find it for at least another 5 years!! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farmall Cub”