This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Info requested

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
blackwellturf
10+ Years
10+ Years

Info requested

Postby blackwellturf » Thu May 13, 2004 5:15 pm

Just on a research mission so far. A buddy of mine restores tractors. My landscape business is beginning to spread an organic fertilizer and may exceed the ability of my commercial ZTR mower. My friend suggested since the fertilizer is marketed as a "back to basics" organic fertilizer instead of alot of chemicals, I could get a cub lo-boy (late 50s-late 60s era) and restore it to pull spreader. Would make a terrific marketing idea, would turn some heads!

My questions:

What is the last production year for the traditional styled Lo-Boy, not a 154 or 184?

When did the color change from red to yellow? I prefer the red.

What is the pressure and pumping volume of the hydraulic pump on a Cub? The spreader is hydraulic and requires about 3gpm at about 20 psi minimum. Otherwise I could use the ground drive version of the spreader.

I hope you all can help. Any informatio would help me to know if I am on the wrong track.

Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu May 13, 2004 7:47 pm

The Lo-boy was produced until 1968, but I don't know when the color changed, Jim B. may have that info, but red paint covers yellow pretty good.
:lol:

I've never seen any specs on the pump, but I would suspect you would want to either rig a pto driven pump or get a ground drive spreader, the cub hydro pump is pretty small.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 13, 2004 9:44 pm

I don't know when yellow became the "standard" color, probabbly around '63. Doesn't really matter as they could be ordered in either yellow or red during any time that model was in production.

3 gpm is a stretch for the hydraulic pump. It was rated in the 2.5 range. To get 3 would require running the engine somewhere near 2000 rpm. The only Cubs governed to those speeds were the numbered Lo-Boys. You probably should think about going with the ground driven spreader.

blackwellturf
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby blackwellturf » Thu May 13, 2004 10:29 pm

Jim,

Small world. I grew up in Bonne Terre. Parents still live there. Dad actually owned 2 different Cubs when I was growing up used mainly for cutting grass in christmas tree fields. :)

Return to “Farmall Cub”