This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Sickle Bar Info

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Beestingz
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04474
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub

Sickle Bar Info

Postby Beestingz » Tue May 18, 2004 6:44 pm

Could any of you inform me of the knife head balls I have shown. I got them when I purchased my mower and wonder if they all will work with my sicklebar seems they are different lengths and/or styles. The longest ones are 14 3/8" while the shortest is 11 1/4". Not sure how many teeth are on the bar. 20? And lastly is it necessary to have 1 1/2 tooth cutter on the tip?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 18, 2004 10:33 pm

MA139 is an older version of the part. MC139 is the latest version I know of. Note that the MA139 has the older IHC logo cast into it. Either will work on the knife for a Cub mower. Your top one is bent. The middle one looks like it has been run with loose rivets.

The double or triple sections at the end weren't even on the early mowers. They can be used or not, are helpful in some mowing conditions.

Return to “Farmall Cub”