This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Garden Creepers

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jack » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:31 pm

I like the idea of the creeper, and the video got me thinking now...thank you
Jack
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:12 am

Sonny,

I followed your garden site on the other Forum a couple of years ago. It was really interesting but since than I haven’t had the time to follow up. Please keep posting!!!

One question, how do you keep the weeds out of the strawberries? That’s my big problem.

Jack

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:22 pm

Weeds in the strawberries are the biggest problem!--I am always pulling some out all during the year, even when berries are not bearing! I may have to resort to chemical use at the new garden until I get weeds under control!
I have done season long garden threads on other forums, for the members so they could get a hands on look at how we do it , and if there would be enough interest and participation from the gardening members here on the cub forum we all could share our experiences for all to see with pics. and descriptions and do a thread here too!--kick the idea around and let me know what you think! thanks; sonny

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:10 am

The season long thread I followed on the other forum was very interesting. The one I followed was about two years ago, I guess when you were at your other farm. It was really something how everybody showed their progress through out the growing season.

Two of my sons started a garden about seven or eight years ago. They keep the family in vegetables year around and sell the rest. They’re doing pretty good, but its hard work for them, in which I’m grateful so they can see what work is all about.

Some of the members on this forum did post their gardening experience this year. I’ll to search back, but if I remember some had pretty big gardens in sweet corn.

I think it would be great to see a “garden season thread” on this site.

One question, what type of spray are you going to use on the strawberries? We did the same thing (pulling weeds) and its not working.

Jack

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:05 pm

I would love to see a gardening thread from others, on how they play in there gardens. This year Barbara and I will have a 1/4 acre garden space to play in. We have it all turned under at this time and have soil samples to send to the University. We are now making a plan as to what we would like to grow and how to use the space that we have. We have had a garden for lots of years and really enjoy all that goes with our garden. There has been a bad drought for the last 2 yrs. I have been working on a rain water storage with barrels,,,,I am up to 400 plus gallons. using a 12 vdc RV water pump I can water my garden plants. I found some devices that you can put on top of a 2 liter pop bottle and insert in into the ground and get the water right to the roots,,,,this saves you lots of water. We also used newspapers around the plants to help hold the moisture in the ground. I know there are a lot of you big farmers that have other ideas lets hear them. :D :D :D :D
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Bugler
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bugler » Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:10 pm

Sonny,,Merry Christmas and may God Bless You and your Family. I wish you a very prosperous and Happy New Year.
I can fix it,,,get me a bigger hammer.

1949 Cub "BB"
3 Pumkin Trailers
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
71 Screwdrivers
22 in. Honda Mower
Echo weedeater
Half a can of Kroil

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”