This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Way off subject

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Thu May 27, 2004 10:22 pm

Yeah, he also needs a Farmall Cub to go with the 144 cultivator.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Tim-Devery
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Tim-Devery » Fri May 28, 2004 5:50 am

Ya it's a little close, but I just want it for the corn till it is around 10" tall.
Then next time I can tell my wife. "Gee it sure would be nice if I had a regular Cub".

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri May 28, 2004 8:16 am

tdevery wrote:.
Then next time I can tell my wife. "Gee it sure would be nice if I had a regular Cub".
Good plan. :lol:
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri May 28, 2004 8:42 am

tdevery wrote:Ya it's a little close, but I just want it for the corn till it is around 10" tall.

Tell your wife a regular Cub is necessary to get room enough to raise the cultivator at the end of the row. It would be true.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Gene Chestnutt
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Gene Chestnutt » Fri May 28, 2004 9:42 am

Charles,
I know exactly where you are coming from for weed control. There are herbicides on the market such as treflan and atrizine among others. Each has it positives and negatives. Most can only be used pre-emergence and only with certain types of crops and putting them out correctly can be a bit problematic. Also, the expense can be considerable. My dad tended a large garden with nothing but a sharp hoe and a good mule and of course 4 sons and a daughter. Sometimes the old ways just can't be improved upon. Besides, you always find the biggest watermelons next to a large patch of weeds.
Gene Chestnutt

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 28, 2004 11:07 am

George Willer wrote:Tell your wife a regular Cub is necessary to get room enough to raise the cultivator at the end of the row. It would be true.

That is the catch. On my Farmall, the teeth of my cultivators are about 4" off the ground in the raised position. Various parts are getting pretty close to the bottom of the tractor at that point. With the Lo-Boy about 8" closer to tthe ground, the problem starts to become obvious.

If you did enough fiddling and adjusting, you might be able to get it off the ground with a Lo-Boy. You would definitely have to remove the left standard closest to the row (which would then require running each row both directions). The rear section would be unusable because of the final drive difference. After all that, I don't think the results would be very satisfactory.

Return to “Farmall Cub”