This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

a "PREVIEW" question

How do I.... ?
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

a "PREVIEW" question

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:04 am

Hello all you brainy ones. I know it's probably me and my computer, but I'm having a slight problem with getting the "preview" to match what it actually shows on the forum. I can get everything typed out exactly how I want things to look, hit the "preview" buttom, make some adjustements so everything looks perfect, then when I hit the "submit", I get something entirely different on the forum:shock: :shock: I'm pretty sure it's because once it transfers over to the forum, the left section with everyones avatars,etc, are shown, and that throws all my "preview" hard work right out the door. I have a full screen while still on the preview screen.

My question. What can I do to have the "preview" match the "submit"

My problem right now involves the red slashes, above and below the Common Sense final statement on my ForSale Hitch post. It shows perfect, left to right, on the preview, but soon as I hit enter, I get double lines on the actual post.

Thanks,
Rick

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Postby Jeff Silvey » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 am

Rick
It sounds like you need a new computer & get rid of dail up. :lol:
I have had those kind of problems I just slow down & go down to where I typing and type what changes I want to make then I hit preveiw. I may do this a couple of times.
I have before posted the wrong pictures & had to delete them from the page and start over. Hope I didn't confuse you :lol: :lol:
Jeff
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:31 am

Rick, I have run into the same problem, and my suggestion is to use the
"Testing Forum" To get it the way you want, being sure to copy what you have entered to the clipboard before you hit submit. One it is the way you want it, then paste it into the forum you want. You can then delete your post in the testing forum by clicking on the X in the upper right corner.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:42 am

While working on the post, you can set your window to a size that makes the preview the same width you want for the final posting. If will require a little experimenting.

However, you are probably fighting a loosing battle. You can make it look right on your screen, but you have little control over how it will look on anyone else's screen. It will depend on their display settings and whether they are using full screen etc.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:08 am

Rick:

Jim is correct. It is almost impossible to get it to stay unless the topic ends up being locked, as in the How To's. It took me a while to be able to figure it all out and how to keep the format.

However, once a topic is posted, not locked and people can add to it, all creation breaks loose. If someone posts a pic that is larger than 640x480 poof there it goes..

You have to format it as best as you can taking into consideration that in most cases 2 pics will not fit side by side unless they are under 300 pixels in width.

As Jim also said, it will only look a specific way on your screen. Depending on size, resolution and a host of other factors beyond your control, it will apper very different on other screens.

Make it look as you wish it to look once posted, and that is the best you can hope for.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:16 pm

However, you are probably fighting a loosing battle. You can make it look right on your screen, but you have little control over how it will look on anyone else's screen.

Thank You. Guess I'll just try to keep things as simple as possible, yet to the point, instead of trying to get fancy.

Rick

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”