This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

can't get the *%#!! pulley off

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

can't get the *%#!! pulley off

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sun May 30, 2004 1:37 pm

I am putting new bearings in my C-3 mower, the two outside pulleys (single groove) came off with no problem, the center pulley (triple groove) is giving me fits.
I removed the three 1/4" bolts from the split collet and screwed them into the holes that push the collet apart. they are too small in diameter and too long to torque on them very hard (I have already wrung one off!).
I have a three jaw puller on the pulley, but I am afraid of cranking on it too hard and breaking it.
Any suggestions on how to get this devil off w/o breaking something?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sun May 30, 2004 2:01 pm

Get some grade 8 bolts, same size as the originals and try again. Dump some penetrating oil on it before you head out to the hardware store. After you put as much torque on the new bolts as you dare, carefully apply a little hammer.

Dave (69 lo-boy)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23047

Postby Dave (69 lo-boy) » Sun May 30, 2004 3:46 pm

Thanks Jim!

Return to “Farmall Cub”