This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rockshaft travel

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rockshaft travel

Postby Findoggy » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:37 am

I'm just learning about cubs and mechanical topics, so please excuse my ignorance in asking this question. Is there any way to adjust the forward/backward travel in the rockshaft? I know you can place the stops where you want them, what I mean is the actual travel of the rockshaft. I want to gain more backward travel and lose some forward travel if at all possible. Thanks for the help gentleman.
Findoggy

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:03 pm

Only to the extent the control lever stops change it.

Why do you want to do it?

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:13 pm

Jim, you may recall I posted back in the fall/winter because my snow blade would only raise about 5 inches off the ground with the blade set on the last of the 5 adjustment holes. I tried tightening everything and using washers to take play out of the unit as suggested by you. I have also since that time filled the hydraulic unit to its proper level and bled the system of air. I was just wondering if there wasn't something I was overlooking to help get more clearance. I thought it would be better to deal with it while I had some nice weather. Thanks for your assistance.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:23 am

I remember the problem but not the specifics of what all was said. The only other suggestion I have (may have been made previously) is this. When you get ready to mount the blade next time, go to the TM Tractors site and look closely at the pictures of the mounted blades in the implement pictures. You can use them to make sure you don't have anything misassembled and no mixed parts from different versions of the blade.

Findoggy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Findoggy » Fri Jun 04, 2004 12:04 pm

Thanks for your help, it is always much appreciated

Return to “Farmall Cub”