This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

farmall ih I6 what does it compare to in letter series

All other non-specific model Farmall / IH / CASE tractors. (Catch-All)
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
largeonee
10+ Years
10+ Years

farmall ih I6 what does it compare to in letter series

Postby largeonee » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:15 am

Hi I had the opportunity to gather some parts from an I6 I plan to sell or trade them but I need to know what it compares to. I think it is like an M but the back fenders bolted to a flange on the axle housing. it also had a gas pedal. it had a Hough loader on it. I got mostly small stuff from it. and the grill / hood
thanks
Jeff in the up
1 cub with IH 1000 Loader
1 cub in 1000 peices
27 very rusty willys jeeps from the late 40's
1 very understanding wife 3 dogs

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:47 am

Yes, the I-6 shared a lot with the M. Of course, changing it to an industrial wheel tractor made for a lot of different parts.

RustyFarmall
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51646

Postby RustyFarmall » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:14 pm

It does compare to an M as far as engine and power train and maybe a few other components. The hood and grill would compare to a McCormick W6, and if those two items are in good condition they should bring a premium, especially the grill. Also, if the "INTERNATIONAL" grill emblem is still there and in good shape, it also should bring a premium. Even if that emblem is sort of beat up it will still bring pretty good money. The industrial series all had the foot throttle as well as the hand throttle, and also, the I series had a brake that would slow down and stop the transmission when you push the clutch pedal down. The rear fenders on the I series are not the same as on the W series. One more thing, the I series all had a pintle type hitch which was the same on I4s, I6s, and I9s. That pintle hitch is hard to find. Don't sell it too cheap.

largeonee
10+ Years
10+ Years

I6 parts

Postby largeonee » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:23 pm

well i got the hood and grill and the fenders and gas pedal but i left the pintle hitch didn't know it was valuable. i did spend the better part of a very cold day there and just ran out of steam. I am afraid it went top the shredder as I was over there a few days back and no sign of it
thanks for the advice
Jeff
1 cub with IH 1000 Loader

1 cub in 1000 peices

27 very rusty willys jeeps from the late 40's

1 very understanding wife 3 dogs

Return to “Farmall / IH / CASE”