This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

CUB FEST 2004 countdown

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Indiana Robinson
10+ Years
10+ Years

CUB FEST 2004 countdown

Postby Indiana Robinson » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:33 am

YIKES!!! only 5 days (not counting today) until CUBFEST 2004...
I'm really looking forward to seeing old and meeting new friends but sure wish I was making better progress on some of my many clean up projects. Many of us need something like this now and then to prod us into doing clean up that we should do anyway. I did a project with a friend a couple of years ago where we took down 3 barns on a farm that was being cleared for development. Most of what he wanted was siding from the barns and I took all of the iron and steel and some "stuff". This was the last active member of an old family Ford dealership and there was "a lot" of stuff left from the quick estate auction they had held when he died. I hauled home 36,000 pounds (actually) of "stuff" and much of it was still sitting around on pallets and piles. I had a couple of health problems after that and have just this spring made a serious dent in getting it gone. I am a long way from done. Add that to the stuff that follows me home from auctions and you can understand why this is called "The Magnetic Center Of The Known Universe". I used to think this was all my junk but then I discovered one night that the place is infested with "pack elves". I called an exterminator but he said he had no idea of what to spray them with even to discourage them. I was a shoe cobbler for 20 years in a previous life and since the pack elves are relatives of the cobbler elves I can only assume they found me through them.
I am ashamed to say this out loud so I will whisper it, "I'm going to a consignment auction at the local tractor show this morning"... There is no hope... :-)
Diana says to tell everybody that will be eating here at a pitch-in or camping to bring lawn chairs and table service.
More to follow.
"farmer"
1947 CUB named "Major"
5 other red ones
JD-A
MM-R
AC-C
MF-165D-HA)
2 Case VACs
MH-Pony
2 Ford 8Ns
Ferguson TO-20
Everything needs something, some need almost everything.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 am

Frobl,

You may recall when we first met... at the ATIS gathering in (I think) 1997. I was the sneaky guy running around with a stack of name tags to make sure I met everyone there. It worked well... I was able to name everyone in the group photo. I expect I'll know most everyone at Cub Fest 2004, so I'll let someone else use that trick. I'll be prepared, just in case.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:52 am

George, I believe there will be several new faces at Cubfest. Mike Tiemann is making another big sweep of the mid-west picking up stray cubs and plans to meet up with us at Cubfest. I'm sure there will be others.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Mike Schmudlach
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mike Schmudlach » Sat Jun 12, 2004 11:04 pm

Unfortunatly I will not be able to make it to Cubfest. Had a great time at George's last year. Just not enough time with Redpower the next week and I still have to get Susie's Red Carpet Special Scout put back together.
Some how ( a miracle ) we put up 30 acres a hay without it getting rained on last week. Just 45 minutes north of here they had about 12 inches in the last week. We had about 6 inches. The Wisconsin River is over the banks, every field is flooded from madison to Greenbay. Many of the guys sent thier seed back to the co-op because they will never get the soybeans planted. The rain has also put us way behind on construction jobs.
Next year I could buzz through Indiana on the way to Tn for Redpower.
:-)
Mike
30 + tractors including 2 French Super Cubs, French Cubs, 1963 Industrial Cub, 1955 Cub Highcrop etc...German and French built IH tractors and some bigger IH tractors. Of course I have about 20 IH trucks and an IH refridge in the Shop.

Return to “Farmall Cub”