This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hendricks Co. Antique Tractor Show

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Oscar Meier
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hendricks Co. Antique Tractor Show

Postby Oscar Meier » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:45 pm

Cub Hut (Dave);

I went and saw Dave's Cubs at the Hendricks Co. Antique tractor show this past week-end and they are excellent restorations. If you have the opportunity his cubs are very good.

Dave I didn't see you, I came by twice on Sunday Morning, but you were not around. Sorry, I wanted to say hello.

I also saw several real nice Ford 9, 2, and 8 N's with V8 & IL 6 conversions as well as several nice early 1900's Fordsons. Several Farmalls, only one 'A' though - I was heart broken.

A nice show and great weather.

Oscar.
48 CUB & 52 Super A

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

(CUB HUT)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47401
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby (CUB HUT) » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:11 pm

Oscar Meier Sorry we missed Going to SHELBYVILLE this weekend Dave
THE OLDER I GET ---THE BETTER I WAS

If you can read this... thank a teacher... if you are reading it in English....THANK A VET !!!

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:56 pm

:shock: Well I learned something on TV this week" A Antique tractor show. All Ford tractors are eather Fordson or fergusons, as Henery couldn't name them Ford, becaust anouther tractor company had started before him . A hardware store clerk had built the tractor and the company had made him CEO and chief engineer and named the tractor after him, Built in Minnepolis Mn. His name was Ford, and no relation to Henery :shock:

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:53 pm

I know this is a Farmall Cub board, but Jack brought it up and I wanted to elaborate a little. Jack and everyone else, please correct me if I am wrong. Henry Ford's first tractor was called Fordson because of the Ford Tractor Co. of Minneapolis Mn. But this company went out of business in 1918. The Fordson continued to be produced until 1928; even though it was labeled as a widowmaker. This was because when it was plowing and hit an obstruction the tractors front end would rear up and over the rearend killing the farmer. Then Henry went out of the tractor business until 1939. He came out with the 9N with the Ferguson System. The 9N was a Ford tractor that had a Ferguson System badge on the Grill. The Ferguson tractor only came out in 36 and was mainly sold in England. When the "hand shake agreement" between Harry and Henry was broken, Harry started a lawsuit that ended in 52 with a 9.25 million check in Harry's name. Up to this date Ferguson was still making and tractors. Around 52 he sold his company to Massey Harris.
I tried to be accurate as I could. The dates came from Wendel and Vossler; the rest is from memory. Ford did make a Ford tractor, only the Fordson couldn't be called a Ford because of The Ford Tractor Company of Minneapolis, MN.

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:11 pm

Well cub 49, It sounds like you have done your home work" :lol: Like I had said above, I watched it on tv and my memery isn't that accoret. I thought the deal with ferguson ( The Irishman) was because of the 3point hitch he invented? Thanks for the corections. "Jack" :wink:

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:43 am

Jack,

The handshake agreement was because of the 3 pt system, but it was called the Ferguson System after Harry Ferguson its inventor.

Return to “Farmall Cub”