This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Mott mower ?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Mott mower ?

Postby George Willer » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:39 pm

I'm pretty sure the Cub I just brought home will become a donor tractor, but I do intend to use the implements. The Mott mower has some minor problems but I think they can be handled. The rear mounting point has been "field engineered" and I would like to make one resembling the original. Unfortunately, I can't find a photo. There's a picture in the FAQ that I wish I could scroll down a few inches. Can someone send me a picture of theirs?

I intend to restore the mower and mount it on a restored tractor.

Here's what is there... quick as I am I know it isn't right!

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:48 pm

I have one that is off the tractor so it will be easy to get to. I can get you a couple of pictures tomorrow. The piece bolted to the bottom of your drawbar is correct, and the rest should be pretty easy.
Last edited by John *.?-!.* cub owner on Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

therocket
10+ Years
10+ Years

Flail Photo

Postby therocket » Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:10 pm

George I emailed you a rear view photo of the flail . Hope it helps. I've also got some side views if needed.

Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Greg » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:40 am

I am just now workiing on my Mott D-9, any pictures would be appreciated. I am in urgent need of the belt (the one to the PTO). Does anyone have any numbers or sources for it. Mine measures 121-122 inches, I believe. NAPA said they could order one, but their V-belt looks a bit thinner than this one.

Also, any numbers for bearings, etc would be helpful.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:21 am

Greg wrote:I am just now workiing on my Mott D-9, any pictures would be appreciated. I am in urgent need of the belt (the one to the PTO). Does anyone have any numbers or sources for it. Mine measures 121-122 inches, I believe. NAPA said they could order one, but their V-belt looks a bit thinner than this one.

Also, any numbers for bearings, etc would be helpful.
There is a parts list on Rudi's server. I use a Gates B144 belt on mine. It's about $20 (been a while since I bought one). The ones you get from a Mott dealer will last a little longer, but they run over $50.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Greg
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Greg » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:22 am

John,
Thanks for all your help. You guys have been indispensible for me to get my cub up and running. Had a friend over this weekend; he couldn't believe how smooth these cubs run.

Return to “Farmall Cub”