This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cubfest Norteast- We had a blast!!

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Cubfest Norteast- We had a blast!!

Postby parts man » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:38 pm

What a weekend!! I now have a few minutes to sit down and share some pictures of the goings on this weekend. We got all of our tractors out and lined up along the road to greet our Cub friends as they came in the road.
(The only bad thing about that is now our wives know how many tractors we really have! :lol: )

Board regular Lurker Carl gave us a very informative carburater rebuild workshop.

From left to right in the picture, Rudi, Lurker Carl, Artc, and Bruce Sanford.

Then we headed to field to make some noise, :D we held a small plowing competition, and most folks took there turn at the wheel. This was the first time Artc had ever turn a sod!

When the plowing was over we headed to the garden for a hilling contest, and again, most had a chance to make some dust again. :D

We left from the hilling competition for our tractor drive to supper about 3/4 of a mile up the road, and after supper enjoyed some music from "The Happy-Go-Lucky Fiddlers".

This morning, Jos Van Oostrum, an IH dealer and enthusiast from Nova Scotia, gave us a governor rebuild workshop.

Then it was time to say good-bye to new friends and old til next time.

Thank you to all that helped out, with special thanks to Arbing Equipment and Babineau Equipment, IH dealers from nearby, for helping to sponsor our show, and to Carl and Jos, for some very informative workshops!!

Carl took more pictures, and the workshops are destined to become "PowerPoint" presentations for Rudi's manual server.

WE had a great time, and hope to see even more Cubbers next year!!!

(A few edit, but now I FINALLY got all thepictures to show! :oops: )
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:48 pm

Great pictutures David! I know you guys had to have fun. We're looking forward to Cubfest USA this coming week-end. My camper is packed and I will take it down Tuesday, come home, finish some things around here and head back down Friday morning.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sun Jun 13, 2004 7:20 pm

Thanks for the great pictures and comments. Glad to hear your first one went well and I bet you guys already have plans churning in your minds for next years event. By the pics it also looks like the event was blessed with wonderful weather.
Then came Bronson

Jack Donovan
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jack Donovan » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:14 pm

Certinly look like you all had a great time. Thanks for the pics and update. It is always fun to read of the happenings going on. "Jack"

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Jun 13, 2004 8:39 pm

Sounds like you had a great time, wish I could have been there.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:31 pm

Thanks for the pictures :!: :!: Glad everyone had a great time. Wish we could have been there.!!! Looks like a great time.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:41 pm

Thanks for the comments guys!! My wife takes better pictures than me, but on a 35mm camera, so I'll have some more once I get them scanned. :roll:
She got a couple of pretty good pictures of the banner that Rudi had made for the event, and one of the new Farmall and Cubcadet with loader and back-hoe attachment that the local IH dealer brought out to display. (cute little rig!)
Rudi took some pics too with his digital, I expect that he'll has some good'uns to post too! :wink:
Wish ALL of you could have been here, maybe next year! :D

Hope ya'll have a great time with your Cubfest, course, how could you not!! Tractors and great folks, it don't get any better!!!!

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:16 am

Nice pictures, David :!: Even a kid frm the suburbs (me) got to plow a bit, once everything got adjusted properly. This idea of straight lines, though, was a challenge :roll: Lurker Carl thought he had it licked by following the cut grass line, till he discovered that it wasn't straight :!: :)
Carl did a carb shop, Josh Van Ostrom (forgive my guess at spelling) did the governor shop, and Pierre and a couple others did plowing instruction, (which I sorely needed :lol:). All very informative, hands on rebuilds, that all participants enjoyed and learned something.
Fired up a small parade to the Church for dinner, except one tractor had to retire early (we won't say who's!) and another had trouble on the return trip making the hill. I had a tow rope along, but didn't get to use it :!: :(
Bruce Sanford had 3 grills with him. they didn't last long, we tested one out on Ellie May, and had it installed in seconds. excellent work and a faithful reproduction, i got one for Primer Pete, and Carl was seen stripping the one off Ellie May :lol:
Thanks to Rudi and Partsman for their terriffic effort at putting together this event, and the Chown's for their hospitality. A terriffic time had by all.
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Bruce Sanford
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bruce Sanford » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:11 pm

Well that was a very good weekend.I learned something new at each workshop. I am not very experienced at plowing and hilling but I had fun trying.I think Rudy needs to do a brake job I was a little nervous going downhill. My next job will be Electrolysis tank as well as more grilles to make.The Chown family and Rudi did an excellent job ,I hope there will another next year I will plan to attend I may even have my cub finished by then :wink: :D

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:56 pm

Thanks Art and Bruce!!! we truly enjoyed your visit, and we are already planning for next years event. :lol:

You guys didn't even give any jabs about the host's tractor not being able to pull a plow, or my C dying on the hill!! :lol:

artc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06457
eBay ID: cmtelephone
Tractors Owned: Restored: 1950 Cub, 1950 Cub Demo, 1948 super AI, 1935 Silver King, 1946 Oliver 60 RC, John Deere M, 1950 C demo.

In working clothes:
1950 cub, 1948 cub, 1941 A, 1948 H, 1963 B414, 1958 240U, 1947 Oliver 60 industrial, Oliver 70 industrial. IH 450, 1963, another 1948 cub, 1946 I6 with Trogan front blade.

Postby artc » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:00 am

You guys didn't even give any jabs about the host's tractor not being able to pull a plow, or my C dying on the hill!!

well...now that you mention it :!: :lol:

And Lurker Carl being (somewhat) late to pick up Cathy. Seems he was preoccuppied with the governor shop :lol:

AND Rudi's potato hiller worked terriffic :!: looked good too !
'If they're tappin', they're not burnin'
http://www.ZagrayFarmMuseum.org

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:50 pm

Hi guys:

Sorry it took so long to get back on the board, but have been busier than a beaver in poplar grove :!: :lol: Trying to get everything ready to go pick up Cub #3 :!:

Boy :!: :D What a weekend :!: :D Only two things wrong with it - 1 - wasn't long enough, and 2 - I got too nervous to do the workshop, so Carl graciously stepped in.

I am not sure what happened, sort of surprised by wife Emilie :shock: , as I normally do not have any problem doing presentations :? , been doing them for over 10 years now. But, for some reason, I got all tongue-tied and that was that :oops: :roll:

Carl, thank you very much for jumping right in there!

Where do I start?

Well, Friday did not get off to the bang that I had intended. I was hoping to be able to make it out to the farm by 5pm or so... the original plan was for my Caravan to haul Ellie out to Sussex. My wife put the kybosh to that real quick, so my chums over at Monarch donated a pickup to haul Ellie on the trailer. Unfortunately, I could only get the truck after 5pm and it was 6pm by the time I got home. Then I had to redo all the wiring connections so we could have lights.

Gord Trail came over to help and we got it done slightly before 9pm. As I was really beat, Gord decided that he would ride shotgun on our way out to Sussex. Oh, his transport evaporated also, due to a family emergency for his buddy, so we decided we would haul Ellie Friday night and his 48 in the morning.

We finally arrived SAFELY, I might add at David and Alton's somewhere around 10-10:30. A real nice campfire was burning away, smelled real good. I was pleased to see that both Art and Carl had made it on Friday and had stuck it out until we got there. It was a real pleasure to meet both, and the weekend started out on a good note after all :D

Gord and I ended up back home at 1:30am for me and 2:00am for Gord, he had to backtrack from Dieppe to Riverview..... Shortly after 6am I was on my way to Gord's to pick up his Cub. We arrived about 8:30am just in time for a morning cup of tea :) People started arriving shortly after 9am, and everyone was having a great time chatting and getting to know one another. By 10am, slightly behind schedule, the carb workshop began. Jethro's carb being the patient. He had been mostly rebuilt, but there were still some issues, mostly warpage to deal with. All learned a great deal and the warpage is gone :!: :D

Bruce Sanford brought his grilles, and boy were they amazing. We tried one on Ellie and it fit like a glove and went on smooth as silk. Beautiful job Bruce!, looking forward to getting one. Art and Carl somehow managed to score all three before you could say Art and Carl real quick :roll:

Lunch came around pretty quickly, and the local 4H club did a great job -cept, by the time I got there, no more burgers -- hotdogs was it... oh well, made sure I got them burgers on Sunday though :lol:

After lunch the plowing and hilling matches commenced consecutively. I thought for sure that we would have to delay the hilling competition until after dinner though. We had a real and I mean real hard time prying Carl off of Pierre's Cub. He probably would have plowed the whole field ifn we had let him :roll: :!: Talk about an addiction :!: :wink:

Dinner was good, but the parade there and back was much better if you don't count the Cub that had to turn back and the C whose operator thought he was going to have some fun :roll: :oops: :oops: , all in all a VERY good time was had by all.

The fiddlers were great as well, and the evening proceeded nicely even though I was beginning to crash big time. Good thing my wife Emilie was there to drive me home because I would never have made it.

Sunday again was a very early day, Gord and I were on the road shortly after 7am. The morning workshop on Jethro's governor was very illuminating, (and VERY EXPENSIVE :!: :!: :? :D ) It was stuck tighter than a drum, but with Jos's expertise and a liberal dash of diesel, it is now a thing of beauty!

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end however, and this weekend ended all too early.

We met so many interesting people, renewed old aquaintances as well as people we met at the last tractor show and made a whole bunch of new friends. I am already starting to look forward to next years edition of CubFest Northeast and it will be even better.

Quick request though for all of you who attended. Can you please send me thoughts, suggestions etc., privately on what you think can make it better, what other workshops you think would be beneficial, and al that kind of stuff.

Again, thank you all for coming and making CubFest Northeast the success that it was, and it was a real privilege to meet each and everyone of you :!:

Cheers
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:47 am

Hi all,

Got back home last night. Wow, what a terrific time we had! The Chown family and Rudi did a great job organizing and hosting the event. A friendly and talented group of participants rounded out the weekend. Cub folks are the nicest bunch of people, internationally! (pun intended)

Thank you, one and all, for your gracious hospitality.

Lurker Carl and Cathy

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original

Postby Dennis » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:48 pm

Lurker Carl wrote:Cub folks are the nicest bunch of people.

I totally agree Carl! Sounds like a good slogan for the website too!

Sounds like you all had a great deal of fun. I just wish I could have seen Rudi at a loss for words :lol:

One of these days it would be great to have one big Cub Power Round Up where we could all meet. Wouldn't that be something :?:
Image Proud Member
Are you a member? Copy this code below and paste it in your signature to display it proudly!

Code: Select all

[url=http://nationalihcollectors.com/index.html][img]http://farmallcub.com/images/ihcc.jpg[/img][/url]

Circle of Safety Passed the "Circle of Safety" test? Add your signature badge using

Code: Select all

[cos][/cos]
What is the Circle of Safety

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:36 pm

Carl, I glad to hear you made it home safely, and I'm looking forward to those pics!! :D

Return to “Farmall Cub”