This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

What is this bolt for?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

What is this bolt for?

Postby ChickenWing » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:37 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping you can tell me what this bolt is for. I just saw it today. It is broken off, but I don't know what would be bolted there. It is on the left side of the engine, right between the valve cover, and the bell housing.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:48 pm

The bolt shouldn't be there, but a hex head pipe plug should be. That is a hole that leads to the oil pump....for priming the pump, before starting, after the oil pump has been removed or the tractor has set-up for a long time. 8)
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:49 pm

That should be a 1/8" pipe plug for the oil gallery. It's where we normally prime the oil pump. Let's hope it isn't really a bolt someone screwed into the hole and broken off. Clean it carefully to be sure it isn't really a pipe plug with an allen hex recess.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

ChickenWing
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby ChickenWing » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:25 pm

You guys are right, as usuall. :)

I went to look at it again, and pecked it a few times with my pocket knife, and *kaboom* a rock hard piece of dirt exploded and left a nice hex head pipe plug. It sure looked like a broken bolt.

Return to “Farmall Cub”