This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carb Woes

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374
Circle of Safety: Y

Carb Woes

Postby farmallcub49 » Mon Jun 28, 2004 7:57 pm

Well, a couple weeks ago while in a parade (of course :oops: :( ) my Snappy ran fine and then when I would open up the throttle and release the clutch it would die. I would close the throttle and fire her right up and go for a while and then the same thing. This happened at least a dozen times throughout the rest of the parade. I had plenty of gas and it would happen no matter what angle Snappy was at. The last few weeks my son and I would go for a cruise (20 minutes) and she would run fine. Tonight I hooked up my mower and cut grass for the first time(That is a tale in itself). I cut the entire lawn, which is less than a half acre. Then when I shifted to 2nd and let out the clutch she did it again.
I don't know if heat has something to do with it or what? Plenty of gas, good flow to carb. Any help with be appreciated.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:25 pm

How did you check fuel flow? Your symptoms point to low fuel flow THROUGH the carburetor. Possible trouble areas... the high speed jet and the inlet screen.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

farmallcub49
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 56374

Postby farmallcub49 » Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:52 pm

Well, I pulled the carb apart and checked the inlet screen. It only had a little bit of scum built up. I opened up the sediment bulb and there was hardly and gas coming out. I pulled off my gas line and and ran some carb cleaner through that; not clogged. I pulled the bowl off and cleaned it out. That screen was clean. I pulled the shut off out, that looked good. I pulled off the top of the sediment bulb from the tank. There was some black gunk in the opening that drips into the bowl. Cleaned that out then looked in the tank. There was more. I think that it was part of the gas cap gasket. Well, I flushed her out and cut lawn for a half hour. I was smiling from ear to ear. Thanks George for the starting point hint. I love this board!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”