This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

she's pretty close to trouble

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
splicer
10+ Years
10+ Years

she's pretty close to trouble

Postby splicer » Mon Jun 28, 2004 9:58 pm

My baby came pretty close to trouble last night (wife) for badmouthing my honey Maxine ('57 cub). She got her engine all reved up (wife) because I've been showing her a good time (Cub). Been giving her alot of attention lately(cub) and she's getting torqued (wife)......Came in late after being with Maxine most of the night and the wife asked..............are you done playing with your JOHN DEERE!!!! If I haden't had her for 25 years (wife) I'd consider divorce...........She's jealous. She's in prime shape now (Cub) so I guess I'll quit "fooling around" before she considers divorce (wife). These honeys ARE addictive (Cubs)
'57 Lo-Boy # 5078
'75 ford 2000

If you think you can or you think you can't...your right
- Henry Ford

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

EZ
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: P0M1Z0
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
67 International Cub Loboy
57 Farmall 130

Postby EZ » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:42 am

This kind of thing is heard about all too often,
just watch things heat up when you start sneaking more home (cubs) and see how honey (wife) starts takin' it. You gotta make sure you give 'em a kiss before bed (cub) a save the good stuff for momma (wife).
Just Do It !

splicer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby splicer » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:24 am

Strange enough EZ, I've got my eye on two more that might be had with a little persuasion. Youre absolutly right about having to sneak them in, I think mama would flip out if she saw another one in the shop. Any tips from you guys I can use to justify..... (or rationalize) the purchase another one?........maybe two?
'57 Lo-Boy # 5078

'75 ford 2000

If you think you can or you think you can't...your right

- Henry Ford

Ron L
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18603
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1955 Cub

Postby Ron L » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:25 am

Hey Splicer...... Has she (wife) driven it yet?? Best way to avoid too much controversy is get them (wife & cub) to become friends ! Maybe she'll (wife) even want her own and give it a "HE" name !!! :wink:
Ron

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:56 am

splicer:

I told my wife that it is way too much work to keep changing implements on Ellie-Mae and that I needed another WORKING tractor. After a little coaching, some TLC and a promise to cut the grass more often, it worked and she even helped me to get Granny!

You never know! A little bit of TLC goes a long wayyyyy.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:14 am

Think you got problems .I named my cub after a guy.

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:43 pm

RedNed wrote:Think you got problems .I named my cub after a guy.

Er, so did I...
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Fri Jul 02, 2004 8:40 pm

I always name my machines after the first female name I hear in a song on the way home, my Mack was named Josephine after George thorogoods song, My first Cub was named Cubby by my daughter and it kinda stuck, just couldn't tell her no! However the Cub I picked up the other day , If it doesn't become a parts machine is going to be Lucifer, because as I headed home sympathy for the Devil by the Rolling Stones was on the radio, Looking at the tractor all sitting there it was kinda menacing, so the name fits. T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Return to “Farmall Cub”