This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing rusted/frozen valves

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dave F.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Removing rusted/frozen valves

Postby Dave F. » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:21 pm

Just brought home cub #5 (I am catching up with you George.) price was right. looked into exhaust/intake manifold it was full of water,(Exhaust pipe missing) I figured that the exhaust valves were frozen, pulled the head but the exhaust valves were free, but all the intake valves were frozen I sprayed PB Blaster in the ports in the block hoping to free up the valve stems going into the guides, I've tried lightly taping the valves. I loosen the tappets to get an screwdriver in there to pry up on the valves no luck there (end up breaking an screwdriver Sears will replace) So how do I get the the valves out ? the valve keepers are no problem they came off easy. Thanks Dave F.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:08 pm

Dave,Keep spraying that PB blaster,I like using this stuff Kroil,thats good stuff,also used this stuff called mouse milk,works great,also made my own receipe liquid wrench,wd-40, toulene, lacquer thinners ,xylene everything on the work bench. Let it sit for a while, add some heat, (torch) and "BOOM" :roll: :lol: Only kidding. just be careful and don't go animal on the cub(like using the most miss used tool in our box){screwdriver} walk out sidefor a while and take your time.If not go back to Sears and get a bigger screwdriver :twisted:

Return to “Farmall Cub”