This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

185 cub lo boy Crankshaft pully

IH CUB Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185 Forum -- Questions and answers to all of your Lo-Boy related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
kurt3415
10+ Years
10+ Years

185 cub lo boy Crankshaft pully

Postby kurt3415 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Re above, I just bought this tractor and noticed the pully on the crank slipping. I am gussing the key is sheared. Am I going to have trouble pulling the pully , and more dimportantly, Am I going to have trouble putting the pully back on with the key? Is the crankshaft end ruined?
What do you think?

Thanks
Kurt Braun

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 185 cub lo boy Crankshaft pully

Postby Eugene » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:29 pm

Re above, I just bought this tractor and noticed the pully on the crank slipping. I am gussing the key is sheared. Am I going to have trouble pulling the pully , and more importantly, Am I going to have trouble putting the pully back on with the key? Is the crankshaft end ruined?What do you think?
If the pulley is turning on the crankshaft, it should come off quite easily - probably fall of the crankshaft.

Crankshaft, keyway and pulley condition - you won't know until you remove the pulley.

The pulley to crankshaft is a press fit. The key is used more line up the timing marks than to keep the pulley from spinning on the crankshaft.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ralph » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:08 pm

Kurt
unlike the regular cub the numbered lo-boy series the crankshaft pulley does have a bolt in the end of the crank to hold the pulley on.
it is probably due to the larger diameter of the pulley.
the only way to know is to remove the bolt in the end of the crank and remove the pulley.
it is verry unlikely the key is sheared unless the pully was allowed to run loose and work its way forward and in turn not have the full contact with the key.
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

kurt3415
10+ Years
10+ Years

Pully 185 cub lo boy

Postby kurt3415 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:37 am

Thanks to all.I will pull the radiator this weekend and see if the pully comes off
Thanks
Kurt Braun

Return to “Lo-Boy Series - 154, 184, 185”