This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rudy did you get my carb picture

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rudy did you get my carb picture

Postby Mag Man » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:41 pm

If so do you see the Jet screw sticking out toward the back . I have to unscrew the jet seat to check the oil thats why I dont think its right. The #s the same except for at the end mine ends with C91 instead of C92. I will buy one on ebay thats right if I need to . It would be nice to know what this one fits so I can sell it afterwards its like new.As far as the radiator cap goes there is no dealer close and everything around the farm is bigger. I will have to check tractor supply. I just thought someone may have a used original that I could buy. JON

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:17 pm

Jon:

No, I haven't got it yet. Will check again in a bit. My email client checks for mail every minute, so I usually get stuff on a regular basis with no bouncing.

Try http://www.casetractorparts.com for the rad cap. NAPA also carries them or any good auto parts store. I would imagine PEP Boys or something like that would carry them also. Just make sure that it is a low pressure cap - less than 4 LBs.

I will let you know as soon as I get the pic.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:53 pm

Jon:

Yup, here they are:

and

And I see what you mean. :shock:

That cannot be the correct carb for your Cub. That don't make any sense. As is you would have to take the carb off to check the oil :shock: :? :roll: :?

This is the diagram of the correct carb:

I have only ever seen one Zenith, so I am no expert by a long shot. Hopefully Jim Becker, George Willer or one of the other real PRO's will be able to shed some light on this.

Fingers are crossed.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:08 am

Old Scruffy was running on this carburetor during the tug 0 war at the Cub Fest. It's a possibility for anyone with some machinist skill and equipment.

The donor was a little B&S 2 HP gravity fed engine.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:08 pm

The carb flange sure is a lot bigger than the manifold flange where the 2 butt together in the picture that Rudi posted. Does the carb flange holes look like they have been re-drilled or oblonged to match up with the Cub manifold?.
Then came Bronson

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:06 pm

My 49 came with a Zenith on it and it was hard to check the oil but I was able to do it by pulling it out a little then turning it so it will slip by. also I remember reading that there are different length fill tubes. also for JB the flange is bigger then the exhaust flange if it troubles you , you can get a newer style exhaust manifold.
hope this helps

Return to “Farmall Cub”