This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

GAS TANK RINSE

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Arizona Mike
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 85615
Tractors Owned: 6 Cubs and no mas.

1947 Circle series Farmall Cub with Armstrong lift, belt pulley, 5"rims 6" tires, SN 563

1949 Farmall Cub with high crop option and hydraulics

1955 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1955 International Cub Loboy with fast hitch

1957 Farmall Cub with fast hitch

1959 Farmall Cub with fast hitch
Location: way high up in the Huachuca Mt. at the bottom of a deep dark canyon

GAS TANK RINSE

Postby Arizona Mike » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:14 pm

I was reading H.L. Chauvin's tip about rinsing out the gas tank so went ahead with that this afternoon on the '57 HC. I rinsed out the tank with 8 gal. of fresh gas two gal. at a time...four rinses...rocking the tractor to wash walls of tank. The first two rinses.. I through the gas away..came out dark brown and began to fill bottom of sediment bowl with fine particles of dirt. Third rinse was pretty good, gas was almost normal color. Forth rinse came out clean. Swabbed tank inside with washcloth tied to a stick and cleaned out sed bowl.

I'm satisfied that the tank is clean.

Question: What would be recommended as a final rinse to get after any other rust that might be left and seal things up ?

Thanks

Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

PAUL K. in N.H.
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby PAUL K. in N.H. » Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:15 am

Hi Mike

I had my tank cleaned and sealed at a auto radiator shop, but it cost me 70 dollars. If you want to do it yourself there are several different kinds of cleaner/sealer kits. One is a product called por, I could not find the website for you, but someone on here hopefuly will post that. There is also another one called cream or kream. I think is the name and alot of folks have use that also, I think you can get that at a motorcycle shop. See if someone posts about the por site, you may be able to get the materials needed for half what I paid. I know some folks on the board over the years have put a piece or chain in the tank and moved the tank all around to get out as much rust as possible, before they started the one or two step deal with the cleaner and sealer. GOOD LUCK !! Paul K. in N.H.

Dale51
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dale51 » Sat Jul 03, 2004 6:09 am

Had trouble with brothers Super A gas tank this was back before all the sealers were readly handy.
Took the tank to a shop and had it steamed cleaned.
I don't mean pressure washed but high temp steamed with a steam jenny.
lost some paint but had no more dirty gas problems.
If it's been broken I did it.
If its not broken wait till I touch it.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Cub-Bud » Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:16 am

"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

Return to “Farmall Cub”