This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Hello

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
bubbanc
10+ Years
10+ Years

Hello

Postby bubbanc » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:41 pm

My name is Dwayne Smith I got my grandfathers 48 cub when he passed away. It doesent run at this time but i hope to get it going in the future. It was rebuilt in 94 but hasent been run 5 hours since and havent been run in5 or 6 years. I used to ride it all over when i was a kid. hope some day my kids have the same chance. look forward to any help i can get.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

cubguy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49265

Postby cubguy » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:46 pm

Welcome, here is a lot of great people and info on this site. Were are you From?
Rudi will be by with the welcome wagon.
Kyle
1940 Farmall H, 1947 farmall cub, 1958 David Bradley SP, 1964 cub cadet 70, 1965 Bolens 1000, 1966 cub cadet 123, 1973 Mf 12 http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd207/truckguy_02/

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:49 pm

Welcome Dwayne, you came to the right place. Any question you have will be answered here.

It's always great when you can keep a Cub in the family and pass it along. You will have hours of fun with yours just as we do with ours.

If you post your locaton in your profile you may be surprised to find some one on the forum living close by who would be willing to give you a hand.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Hi Dwayne

Postby Joe Malinowski » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:43 am

This is a great forum with a bunch of great members, Enjoy.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:50 am

Welcome, Dwayne. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:18 am

Barnyard wrote:Welcome Dwayne, you came to the right place. Any question you have will be answered here.

It's always great when you can keep a Cub in the family and pass it along. You will have hours of fun with yours just as we do with ours.

If you post your locaton in your profile you may be surprised to find some one on the forum living close by who would be willing to give you a hand.

Ditto Barnyard is correct. Welcome
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:42 am

Dwayne, welcome to the forum. You have something special in getting your Grandfather's cub. Thanks to some great members of this forum I was recently presented with my Father's tractor he framed with for 45 years, it is a special feeling. You might want to post your general location, we may have members close that would be willing to help you both with advice and actual work if you need or want it. There are also a number of "Cubfests" around the country, which are cub owner get togethers for visiting, repair, seminars, etc.

http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25685
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Postby Ron Luebke » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:31 am

welcome Dwayne. i to have my grandfathers cub. i remember the tractor rides with him as a kid. i have figured out why he gave us grandkids rides. SEAT TIME !!!! enjoy your cub and have fun :D
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:22 am

Welcome Dwyane.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

pete1941
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby pete1941 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:11 am

Welcome to the Forum, glad to have you on board, Pete

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:14 am

welcome aboard

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:15 pm

Dwayne:

Welcome to the forum. Kind of a neat aside, my son's name is also Duane, but with the ancient spelling :wink: :D

As indicated, here follows the official Cub Welcome Wagon. This should provide you with all the information that you will need to become familiar with your Cub. Do take the time to read it and visit many of the links. It will be of benefit and will surely help you get it running.

Having Granddad's Cub is a pretty significant thing to. It is keeping it in the family and will offer your kids a physical link to their Great Grand Dad and that is well.... priceless :D

First, Image to the greatest forum on the internet, and to the Cub Family. You will find that all the folks on this forum are kind, helpful and just full of Cub info and knowledge. They also happen to be the finest folks you will probably ever met :!: :D

The Welcome Wagon is a relatively brief introduction to the information that is currently available on Cub tractors, and answers many of the common questions new members ask right of the bat. Although it is a bit overwhelming :shock: , it has been designed to actually be copied to a Word Processor such as Microsoft Word (which preserves the active links), and saved to your desktop for easy reference at a later date or when you have a bit more time to read all the information contained in the links below. Please do so, enjoy and we hope this will be a useful aid in learning more about your New Cub Tractor :!: :D

Your Member Profile:

Filling out your Image Profile is a real help. It just needs to be - State,City, County, a lot less than what is available in your local phone book. Knowing where you are will help in members offering to come help, when you are looking for parts - the area that would be useful to you etc., Also our CubFests, Mini-Fests or a simple KaffeeKlatsch/get together over coffee and a doughnut etc., to help each other benefits. Just a thought :!:

Ok, so here is the spiel Image:

Forum Resources:

We would suggest that you read this thread: New Members and Visitors, Please READ Prior to Posting. There are many great links to informative pages such as the ATIS FAQ's 1 and ATIS FAQ's 2, The Best of H.L. Chauvin who has written very interesting articles on troubleshooting common problems with your Cub. One of the other projects we have been working on and it will be a continuing community effort is the The Cub Book of Knowledge. This the the place to go to get all the quick links to some very good articles written by many members of the forum on solving some of the problems we encounter as we repair, maintain and up-grade our Cubs. Keep looking for this to grow.

On-line Manual Resources:

The Cub Manual Server:

The Cub Manual Server is essentially an on-line Lending Library and has tons of info on servicing, maintaining and re-building your Cub. In addition to this basic information, there are also a number of other useful tools available on the server. There is the Specialty Services page which has contact info for neat stuff like getting your seats recovered, buying quality Decals, Serial Number tags and a host of other neat items. Also there are the Parts Pages - both Used Parts Suppliers and New Parts Suppliers pages with links to quality dealers. If YOU have a favourite dealer or dealers for New and Used Parts that you wish to have included here, simply send an email message to rudi01@rogers.com and it will be included in the next upload to the server.

These pages are intended to complement our Official FarmallCub.com Website Sponsors:In addition to the above information, don't forget to check out the various articles that are available to help with your Repair, Restore, Rebuild or just your Maintenance Projects. There are a number of sub pages such as Electrolysis or Rust Zapper's, Maintenance Tips, Jigs and Techniques, Implement and Part Sketches and of course the Paint, Decals & Other Finish Questions which has the Paint Chart and the Paint Committee Decisions links.

The Cub Manual Server is best viewed in Microsoft's Internet Explorer 5, 6 or 7. FireFox, Netscape and Solaris may have difficulty interpreting the basic HTML code that the server is written it. If you find you have problems, then please visit the Alternate Manual Server.

The Alternate Manual Server:

Thanks to Allen Look, one of our members and an IT pro, those who prefer FireFox, Netscape and Solaris can view a limited amount of the resources from the Cub Manual Server. Allen reformatted a few of the manuals on the server into a format that over comes some of the syntax problems the current server has especially in FireFox and Netscape. You can find these reformatted manuals at FarmallCub.info.

Reproduction Manuals and Other Print Resources:

We would also recommend and strongly encourge you to visit Binder Books and purchase the three most important manuals you can own for Maintenance, Repair and Rebuilding your Cub. These are the Owner's Manual, the GSS-1411 Service Manual and the TC-37F Parts Manual. Although they are available on the Cub Manual Server, the server is essentially only an on-line lending library. Your are encouraged to have your own paper copy. Binder Books is the only Authorized IH Publication Reprint House and they have the best quality manuals available. Most other's are not of the same quality. Also, the I&T Shop Manuals, although helpful in some areas, may prove for some to be not entirely sufficient for the job. If you wish though, they are good additional reference works.

IF you really want to get the skinny on all things Cub, might we suggest you get a copy of Ken Updike's Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet's :?: . While you are at it Original Farmall Cub and Cub Cadet is Ken's latest addition to the series. Along with Guy Fay's Letter Series Originality Guide, these are three must have's in anyone's collection.

Free Gas Cap Offer:

For a number of years, Navistar has been the administrator of a Mandatory Gas Cap Replacement Program. It was supposed to end as of May 2007. However due to a larger than expected inventory, the program has been extended indefinitely. This means that if your Cubs have the Original Cas Cap, you are entiltled to and it is recommended that you apply for the Replacement Cap. The Important Information For International Harvester and Farmall Gasoline Fueled Tractor Owners is the form you will need to complete. Also the Original Navistar Free Gas Cap Offer Printable Form is still availabe on the Cub Manual Server if you prefer to mail in your request. And of course if you have any other models that are covered by this program, be sure to fill in the form for a replacement cap. Please do take advantage of this offer and get the new safety caps :idea: :!:

We truly hope that you enjoy your Cub and that you will be a frequent contributor to the forum. Again, Image to the Cub FamilyImage :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jack
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 16353
Tractors Owned: 1955 Farmall Cub
1955 International 300 Utility
2018 JD loader/ backhoe

Postby Jack » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:51 pm

welcome tothe bestplace onthe net
Circle of Safety Pine Meadows Farm :tractor:

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:03 pm

welcome dwayne and ask any questions you may have. If you have pictures of your Cubs we would love seeing those.

Eagle
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Eagle » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:41 am

Welcome aboard bubbanc, the little time I have been on here I have learned a lot.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”