This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

rear rims -- new style?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
alan
10+ Years
10+ Years

rear rims -- new style?

Postby alan » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:20 pm

the 49 cub i bought this spring needed a new rear rim, so i bought one from wengers. finally got around to having the new tire mounted on the rim -- when i went to put the rim on the tractor a couple of nights ago, found out that the new rim was a different style...the old rims that are on have the channel where the square head bolt fits down in with no wrench required on the head -- its about a 2 inch bolt -- also has a wedge mounted under the channel which pinches tight against the wheel --- on the new rim, the channel is too narrow for the bolt, so the head must ride on top -- takes a 3 inch bolt to mount on wheel, and there is no wedge on the rim to tighten in against the wheel......i kinda figured that the old rim was the original style, and that the wengers rim was some sort of aftermarket........but yet earlier this spring i ordered new bolts from a farmall parts dealer and he sent me the longer bolts which fit the new rim, which i discovered when i went to put the rim on ....so which way is up?? will the new rim stay tight without the wedge?? which is original...or do i have a wrong new rim?? thanks alan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:53 pm

This is about the 3rd post that I have read involving people getting the wrong rims from orders placed. 1 buyer modified his rim to fit while the other notified the seller & was re-sent the correct rims. I do not remember which company they were ordered from so you might want to search the archives.
Then came Bronson

Jeff M
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04071
Tractors Owned: Cubless, but living vicariously through others
'61 Ford 641
Kubota BX 2370

Postby Jeff M » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:58 pm

I had that happen with Miller Tire--which they made good on--and someone else had the same thing happen with Tucker. The fellow I talked to at Miller DID say that some of these rims are different than others, depending on the year
Care and feeding of family's Ford 641 ('61)
Kubota BX 1860

welderrx
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub Fast Hitch 68 Lo-Boy 66 Cub Cadet 125 100 Manure Spreader Wagner Loader
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby welderrx » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:11 pm

Hi Alan , Wengers are very reasonable to deal with, the only problem I see might be the fact that you mounted the tire on the rim. Give them a call and see what they say like I said they are very reasonable to deal with. T.J.
Blue Mountain Antique Gas and Steam Engine Association

Return to “Farmall Cub”