This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Can I Recover Deleted Private Messages

How do I.... ?
Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Can I Recover Deleted Private Messages

Postby Dan England » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:55 am

I deleted lots of private messages including a couple which should not have been deleted. Is there any way to recover private messages once they are deleted? Thanks, Dan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 am

Dan:

Unfortunately Nope.. I learned that the painful way... :roll: :oops: :cry:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:05 am

It is not a big deal. BrianJ sent a couple or three pm's on making a jig to do helicoils on a final drive. I copied, then deleted the messages, forgetting that I lose the last couple of words in each line whenever copying. I think that by reading what is present I can probably recreate the missing words. Can you tell me a way to reset the copier so that it is centered on the page and thus will copy entire lines without loss of words? Dan
Last edited by Dan England on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:10 am

Dan:

I think that if Brian actually wrote the How To, he would be doing a great service to many memebers. This is a daunting task for many who are Mechanically Challenged.

When you copy do you just grab what you see or do you quote and then copy the quote.

When pm's etc., exceed the width of the pane, when I hightlight the text I make sure that I drag the cursor to the right and bottom as far as I can. This usually results in capturing all of the tex the first or second attempt.

Also, I never delete until I have pasted, saved and then re-opened the file for verification. Once that is done, I usually delete. Also, for some PM's especially ones with interesting data, I move it to my save box until I have had a chance to reproduce it in Word Perfect, MS Word or Notepad.

Does that help??
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:25 am

Yes, Rudi, it does help. Actually, all I needed to do was look at the sheet I copied before doing the delete. Carelessness on my part. Dan

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”