This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

new cub owner has question

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
w-31
10+ Years
10+ Years

new cub owner has question

Postby w-31 » Sat Jul 17, 2004 6:16 am

Hi guys, I want to start buy telling you people that your site is top notch and the information on here has helped me get my cub running. I bought a 1951 a few days ago and had to have a friend help me get it going. The valves were stuck from rain water. The cub sat outside for atleast 6 years,it also need the gas tank flushed,still can't get all the rust out of it and a good tuning. Anyways my questions are , under a load the cub smokes can I put some auto. trans fluid in the oil to free up the rings. I have only had the cub running for about 3 hours will the rings free up or is this not the problem,also later put some soft seal in the oil to stop the front seal from leaking. I have had very good luck with this product on old cars that have been setting around and the seal got hard. My last questions is, the cub came with a 59 woods mower that is in great shape,brand new rear tires and everything on it works great. I have 1700 into it. Did I pay to much? Once again I appreciate your site and your time. Thank you.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:19 am

Sounds to me like you got a good deal. Regarding the smoking, there is a small tube that runs from the breather to the front of the block, that if it or the fittings get plugged will cause it to smoke. I use a product called Sea Foam in mine on a regular basis to help keep it cleaned out.
Have fun with the new toy.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”