This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

PM problems

How do I.... ?
Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859
Circle of Safety: Y

PM problems

Postby Trent M » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:09 pm

I have had an issue with PMs not going through lately. There is one sitting in my Outbox right now to Bob in CT that he is not getting. I have replied to PMs he has sent and those are going through. This happened once before, about a week ago. It sat in my Outbox for a couple days, I just thought he hadn't checked. Then it was gone from the Outbox, but wasn't in my Sentbox, and he never got it. The only thing I can think of that is different is that I typed his username in the To field, "bob in ct." Is it case sensitive? In my Outbox right now, it looks like it is fine (Bob in CT) and should be received by Bob. Anyone ever seen this before or have any ideas?
Trent McPeak

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Trent:

When in doubt use the search feature for the member's pm addy to the profile. That way it will always go through. Yes, it is case sensitve.. and errors in the case will prevent the recipient from seeing that it is even there..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Trent M
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 62859

Postby Trent M » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:29 pm

Thanks Rudi. I wouldn't have guessed it was case-sensitive because in my Outbox, the name shows up properly, Bob in CT. Live and learn!
Trent McPeak

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Hey Trent don't feel bad I had one sit there for over a year for Pat in France. It wasn't a big deal and we had corresponded on the topic and other things in the mean time so I knew it wasn't that he was mad at me or anything like that. Just a message in Electronic Limbo. I eventually got over the gee Whizzzzz and deleted it.
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Re: PM problems

Postby Dan England » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:26 am

I am searching for a pm which was sent to me a couple of days ago. I can't locate it following the changeover to the new system. Also, I don't know where to look for pm on the new board. Can you help me? Dan

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:57 am

At the top of most pages is a "User Control Panel". Click on it. On that page is a tab "Private Messages". Go there and on the left you can select your various PM folders.

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:11 am

Got it, Jim, Thanks Dan

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”