This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Is this a Lowboy? (what constitutes a Lowboy?)

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Erik
10+ Years
10+ Years

Where is Dripping Springs, TX?

Postby Erik » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:47 am

Jim,
Dripping Springs, TX. (where this tractor is located....) is about 22 miles west of Austin along Highway 290.

Boy, I'm sure being educated on these tractors.
The end result is it's really nice to see things go to a good home rather than being thrown away and end up in a landfill.

Best,

Erik

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John Niekamp
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62301
eBay ID: jniekamp66

Postby John Niekamp » Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:56 pm

Dumb question here on this tractor.

Seeing the front bucket and the way it is connected I thought this was a neat way of connecting this to the tractor.

I was wondering does the hydraulic pump on the tractor supply the pressure to run the cylinder for the bucker or is there another one used?

Looking at the pump on the tractor, it don't appear to have big enough lines for adaquet flow for a larger cyclinder than what the trouch control assembly would need. Maybe the cylinder on the bucket isn't as large as I think it is.

I have been throwing the idea around by putting a front mount blade on my Lo-Boy and thought this would be a nice clean way of doing it. I don't need power down, just to left it a few inches off the ground.

John

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Tue Jul 20, 2004 12:05 pm

I don't have a loader, but from the ones I've seen they are connected thru a bypass block at the hydraulic unit.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:22 pm

I have exchanged a couple emails with the seller of the trencher Cub. He sent me some more pictures. No good shots of the crack prone ares, but still none showing in those pictures. Although it actually shows in the pictures with the listing, I noticed from the additional pictures that besides the chain on the bucket, there is a pipe holding up the boom of the loader. I don't read any more into that than what was said in the listing. There are a few small spots showing on the ram of the boom cylinder. They may just be dirt but more likely are rust spots. A couple pictures clearly showed some of the original paint is peeling under the repaint.

Over all, the added pictures really didn't add a whole lot of information either way. As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to go make a Ben Rumson bid on it.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Tue Jul 20, 2004 11:42 pm

Well you knew someone would ask and it might as well be me...just who is Ben Rumsom and who is he to us :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:32 am

If I told you that, you'd know what my bid is.

Dogman
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dogman » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:30 am

JIm is this the same Ben Rumson from paint your wagon :?:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:44 pm

That's the one. Now that I have been outbid, I might as well explain the comment. In the movie, Ben Rumson was a crusty prospector. At one point in the story, the rarest commodity in town (a woman) is being auctioned off. Ben hears about it and goes drunkenly crashing into the event. As he falls face first into the mud, he yells "Whatever the bid is, I double it."

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:10 pm

It looks like the high bidder is JPTreasure????something. Could this be the JP Tractor salvage in Mo.? I'd hoped some individual would get it (forum member), and do a refurb on it. I wonder if it's to be parted out? :cry: I hope not, but it's too much for me, and I know....it IS a business. If it is them, and they do get it.....maybe they'll return it to it's original condition.....and post the pics. Sorry for the late night ramble.
HR

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:21 pm

Jim,

What town did you say that was :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:29 pm

It is in my previous post.

Donny M
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Donny M » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:52 pm

So Jim,

At $3,705.00 as of now, are you going to make another Ben Rumson bid :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:58 pm

hr's49cub wrote:It looks like the high bidder is JPTreasure????something. Could this be the JP Tractor salvage in Mo.? I'd hoped some individual would get it (forum member), and do a refurb on it. I wonder if it's to be parted out? :cry: I hope not, but it's too much for me, and I know....it IS a business. If it is them, and they do get it.....maybe they'll return it to it's original condition.....and post the pics. Sorry for the late night ramble.
HR

I would almost bet that they are one & the same because they are both located in Fredericktown, MO.
Then came Bronson

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:28 am

Donny M wrote:So Jim,

At $3,705.00 as of now, are you going to make another Ben Rumson bid :?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't think so. At that level, I haven't decided whether to put in any other bid.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:29 am

JPTreasures is JP Tractor. Knowing JP Sr. I suspect it will be refurbished and sold or taken to shows. If you go to their website you will see a section entitled JP's Treasures.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall Cub”