This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help with planter

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35
Circle of Safety: Y

Help with planter

Postby Daniel H. » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:08 pm

I know this is on a Farmall 100, but it is the Cub's big brother so please forgive me. I need help with setting up this COLE planter. I'm not sure how to adjust the fast hitch. The planter wants to lean to the side and also if I put enough down pressure to get the "foot" down the rear wheel raises and it stops turning. The adjustments are different from the newest model the 12 MX, so the 12 MX manual isn't much help. Cole's new owner, Covington Planter, has not been able to supply a manual for this model so I have no instructions. Does anyone have one of these or have ever used one?

The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:25 pm

I've never seen one of those planters in person. Does it level out when in the ground? If so, it looks like the press wheel is way to high in relation to the runner. Does the wheel float or pivot? Is there an adjustment for the wheel height? When the tractor hitch is raised up, shouldn't the press wheel be lifted off the ground.

Joe in Pa.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 18707

Postby Joe in Pa. » Thu Jul 22, 2004 3:46 pm

Had the same problem with mine. Here is what I did to solve.
A. welded a piece of stock on the hitch insert so it wil just fit inside the two pieces just above on the fast hitch
B. Used two u-bolts to fasten the pivot to the shaft of the planter.
It now works fine
Dan if you would like a picture e-mail me at Joe_Ribar@quakeroats.com[/img]
"58" cub with fast hitch,rollover plows,fast hitch harrow,cultivators,snowplow,planter,sidedresser and a few other assorted goodies. :tractor:

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Thu Jul 22, 2004 8:51 pm

Jim and others,

I added more pictures to my website so you can see how the hitch is set up.
http://66.226.34.159

I rasied the clamp on the upright bar and this allows the rear wheel of the planter to have some ground clearence when the lift is up. You are supposed to let the planter run with the top of the hoppers level. I also raised the "slides" on either side of the opener to let the foot go in deeper. As you can see there are three holes near the front under the hitch prong for some adjustment as well, not sure what these are for. I also don't know what effect the upright bar witht the different posistions just behind the prong has other than changing the transport height. thnaks for any ideas. :idea:

On a seperate note, the photo album on my web page was created with a free program that is easy to use. It automatically crates the web page. Anybody that has space on their ISP can easily create pages to link pictures from. :)
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:41 pm

Daniel H. wrote:I also raised the "slides" on either side of the opener to let the foot go in deeper.

This may be what determines how deep your seed is planted. You probably need to start with this and work towards the other adjustments.

Randy 64 Cub
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Randy 64 Cub » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:45 am

IH made an almost identical planter to that one. I have a niehbor with one.

The one in the picture is a fast-hitch Cole planter.
-Finesse is choosing the right size hammer.

-As soon as something is made idiot-proof they make a better idiot.

Return to “Farmall Cub”