This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Goose Question

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Goose Question

Postby Cub-Bud » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:27 pm

I have a pair of Buff geese. I thought I would see the goose laying now, but no eggs. My guinea hens are laying and my brother's pond ducks are laying. Is this time of year too early for domestice geese to start laying :?:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

smigelski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08070
Tractors Owned: JD 4040
JD 301A
Ford 3910
Oliver 770
FCub 1947
Fcub 1952
Farmall 100

Re: Goose Question

Postby smigelski » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:55 am

they should start anytime. sometimes they won't start until may, also do they have a place to nest.

Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.

Postby Cub-Bud » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:58 pm

The hen will have a place to nest after today. I am going to take a front tractor tire and stuff it full of hay and place it in the corner of the pen. And, now that the threat of a hard freeze has passed, I am going to fill their kiddy pool full of water and place it in the pen with them. I was told this would "stimulate" the gander. :wink:
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 pm

I grew up among geese! (Mom always had a bunch of them)---it is getting close to time that they should start laying if they are going to! -----Mom had some that never did lay, so it is hard to say an exact date but between now and the end of May would be normal! thanks; sonny

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:30 am

Cub-Bud wrote:I have a pair of Buff geese. I thought I would see the goose laying now, but no eggs. My guinea hens are laying and my brother's pond ducks are laying. Is this time of year too early for domestice geese to start laying :?:

Bud, granny use to have guineas man they can really make a fuss. She didnt need a dog cause they would let you no if someone came up. best I can remember there eggs were rich and funny colored
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”