This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brand new Owner

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Brand new Owner

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:48 pm

Hey Rudi, thanks for the info Im gonna go looking now.

Heres the picture of my Wifes Grandfather using the tractor back in the day, the sickle mower on the side I have too and it looks in perfect shape but I havent tried it nor have I ever seen my grandfather or my father inlaw use it but grandpaw was real good at taking care of his stuff so everything I would guess functions unless a part went missing after he passed.

Ooops forgot to resize... Well looking at it all blown up I notice in the picture the rear wheels are set out wider, I knew the front wheels were adjustable but didnt know the rears could be set wider, and have not seen any parts to do this when we were moving all the implements...
Gonna have to call my father inlaw in the morning (haha)

Ok I was looking harder at the picture and noticed they looked flipped, the outside center peice is on the inside of the old picture.. Could flipping the wheel get you that wide of a wheel base?
Last edited by mike1971 on Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1956 Farmall cub with belly mower, disc plows, Cultivators, Sickle mower, and Grandpas wood sled.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Barnyard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 pm

Mike, the picture with your wife's grandfather looks to be a different tractor. It appears to have the earlier mesh grill. If you look at the IH on the hood it looks like the early decal also compared to the emblem on the 56 model. You can also see the exhaust sticking out of the hood on the last picture. The 56 in the other photos have the underslung exhaust.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Good piont it does look like a decal, at first I thought it was just the grill was off toll it was blown up in the scanner, its possible his cousin had a tractor too, they owned alot of land around here back in the day and I know his cousin had a few tractors. Im gonna try to get the low down from my father inlaw tomorrow or when I see him this week.
1956 Farmall cub with belly mower, disc plows, Cultivators, Sickle mower, and Grandpas wood sled.

Joe Malinowski
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01035
eBay ID: jayrod01035
Tractors Owned: 1975 F cub, 1965 F cub, 1949 parts cub,1953 F cub 1942 JD LA, 1988 JD 330 diesel

Postby Joe Malinowski » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:06 pm

Welcome nice to see the group getting bigger. Those are some great pictures I really like the old one.
Joe
22 mower 5', grader blade, 189 two way moldboard plow, cultivators ,danco C2 mower,1961 Comet, 1984 BMW 318i

Part of life is falling down, living is getting back up.

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:15 pm

Thanks, hey feel free to post them on other forums and such I dont mind. Im gonna try later to upload them to this forum I guess if I can figure it out but what ever pictures I post feel free to post them wherever its cool with me.

I have to dig but I think I have some more of grandpa on the tractor.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:22 pm

In looking at the last pic more it appears the weights are mounted on the inside of the wheel also.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:36 pm

mike1971 wrote:
jimbo9745 wrote:Welcome Mike. Like those Cultivators. :) :) Wish I had some like those. :( Enjoy the form.
Jim

There is two more blades that look like the cultivator hooks that attatch somehow.. I gotta get with my father inlaw as he know how to attatch the implements better than me right now since hes done it so many times with his father over the years. I'll post a picture of what it looks like, I think it makes it wider? looks like one for each side, or maybe there ment to be used on there own?

Maybe the rear section of the cultivators?

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Oh yeah Jim... you got it, thats it!!

I was wondering what the other peice was but its all there in the picture, I had to save that picture, I'll hook it up tomorrow (haha) its got the C shaped like whats on the tractor not the arrow head lookin ones. But thanks man you just answered two questions I had and I didnt even ask one of them haha.

I cant wait to get the manual, is this picture from a regular manual or is it another one I need to get for attatchments?

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:00 pm

Maybe more like this.
These are pages out of the Owner's Manual for the Cub-144 Cultivator. These pages are on Rudi's manual server, which he mentioned a few posts back.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:03 pm

Mike, the manual server can be accessed by clicking on the link at the top of this page.

Circle of Safety

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Thats the one Jim!!

Thanks Bill, Awsome!!

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:52 am

welcome aboard

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:59 am

Welcome to the forum! I love this place and I am sure you will, too!!!

I love that scan of the old picture! It makes these tractors so much more special when you are able to put a family connection with it. I hope that I am doing the same thing with my kids and my tractor! I also like the pics of your tractor in its original working clothes...I have always liked the way they look that way!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:53 pm

I like the old picture too, I hope I can find more old pictures.
I asked my father inlaw today about the fact they look like two different tractors and he said grandpa only had one tractor.

I wonder if grandpa had one tractor and traded it in on the one I have, its clear this tractor isnt modified or anything, maybe he traded it in for a newer model and never really spoke of it..

Either way I love my tractor and means alot having the history tied with the family regardless if I can find any pictures of grandpa using it, still it would be nice.

mike1971
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mike1971 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:53 am

Hey guys I just wanted to thank everyone for the comments and help, I am gonna go over the tractor front to back doing the grease and oiling and cleaning before I run it anymore to be sure shes up to date on all maint. and this site has been a world of help.

In reading other threads I have found other issues I want to address with the tractor before any problems arise like when I shift into gear every other shift there is a slight grinding and in reading it seems I need to adjust the brake/clutch to remedy the grinding so I have a few hours of work to do but I know the time I spend on maintaining her will make her last much longer for my kids.

Thanks again guys, this place rocks!!

Mike

Return to “Introduce Yourself”