This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I'm Just Starting

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
Lil'CUB
10+ Years
10+ Years

I'm Just Starting

Postby Lil'CUB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Well I managed to just get into the CUB line up, I think my first one is a demonstrator model.
So maybe you guys can help me with telling it apart.
I hope to share any knowledge I can with fellow members and I'm sure you'll teach me a lot.
Thank You for letting me in the group

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I'm Just Starting

Postby Barnyard » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Welcome to the forum. You'll find a lot of help here. Tell us at least the first three digits of your serial number. That can help determine if it is a demo. The accepted range is right between 99536 and 106511.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:58 pm

Lil'CUB wrote:Well I managed to just get into the CUB line up, I think my first one is a demonstrator model.
So maybe you guys can help me with telling it apart.
I hope to share any knowledge I can with fellow members and I'm sure you'll teach me a lot.
Thank You for letting me in the group

By any chance is this Kurt?

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lil'CUB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Lil'CUB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:55 pm

Nope not Kurt sorry

The first 3 #'s are 103
The tractor has been painted red, looks like with a brush sometime ago. The paint is chipped and scratched, but all over white seems to be the underlying color. The hood above the grille is worn off from the years and is shinning white about the size of my fist.

Overall the tractor is decent and will get new life eventually. The PO removed the Hydraulic unit but the linkage and such is still there. I don't have the tractor home yet but hopefully in the next couple of days will. It's not running now but should be able to with little effort I'm hoping.

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:13 am

Welcome to the form. If you will follow the links on what Rudi wrote you will find Rudi has all the info you will need. If you don't understand anything just ask. Kick back and enjoy the form it is great and all the members are also. :) :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:50 am

Congrats on finding a demo for your first cub, there will be more to come. I got three demos currently, and it is as much fun searching for them as it is working on them and with them. Mark your calender for the 2nd Friday/Saturday in April 2009 for a gatheringf at my place called DOCFEST in Paris, Illinois, an opportunity for you to plearn a lot about cubs and meet a bunch of us as well.

John

Welcome aboard

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, Lil'Cub!!!!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Lil'CUB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Lil'CUB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Thanks guys,
Hopefully I can get it home by the end of the week and get some pictures up.
I'm excited as this will be a mowing tractor as I've got a lot to mow and my JD is getting tired from the hours of mowing. Really needed a bigger tractor since I mow about 9 acres.
I don't think I'll be able to make it to Ill. but sure would be fun.
I'm in southern Ohio so maybe I can hook up with some folks.
I actually stumbled upon this tractor thru my relations, which they bought for parts but don't really need it and it was going to be scraped if someone (ME) didn't save it.
I hate seeing old tractors being killed that way. As for another one, well don't know about that since I mainly collect JD LGT's but who knows might just drag another one home, that'll really set the wife off :lol:

As for implements I've got a line on a mower deck but not sure what size yet. Eventually I'd like to have a full set of implements cause I put in a garden so this should be helpful.

? though, how hard is it to find the hydraulic unit for these? I can buy one from the neighbor for $450 which I'm thinking is kinda high or is it?
What's the average price for a drawbar since I don't have one, 3pt hitch would be awesome as I would love to get a tiller for this cub.

Glad I joined as I've learned a lot and I don't even have the tractor yet :{_}:

Lil'CUB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Lil'CUB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:50 pm

BTW John the picture that shows up on the first page of your Demo is Sweeeeet. Hope mine can get to that stature someday

Have a bigger picture you could send me I would love to have it as wallpaper if it's ok with you :big crazy:

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:17 pm

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b46/v ... emo%20Cub/

several pictures take your choice. several albumns to go through. Shows the complete history of the redoing of my 1st demo cub. all you gots to do is right click on picture you want, and there should be an option to make it wallpaper.. if not take it to your computer photo viewer and do it from there.

john

Several people come each year from southern ohio to DOCFEST, so never say no. actually this was the first year there was more people from illinois then there was from ohio. and yes $450 for hydraulics is too much. Get ahold of one of the site sponsors they will hook you up. You have to be close to Ralph, he will treat you right, i think he even has one listed currently.

Lil'CUB
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Lil'CUB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 pm

If that's Ralp's Cubs in KY, yeah I'm only a couple hours I think. Been further for crazier things :D

Thanks John, my summer is pretty well taken up unfortunately.
Will there be any at the Two Cylinder Expo in Springfield, Ohio? Probably not since I think it is mostly JD but I will eventually make it to one.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”