This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A with a Loader?

The Cub Club -- Questions and answers to all of your Cub related issues.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
bdelph
10+ Years
10+ Years

Super A with a Loader?

Postby bdelph » Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:36 am

I'd like to get a nice red Cub with a front end loader to fix up and to help me around my place in Maine. I have found a Super A that looks like its in reasonable shape, but it doesn't come with a loader.

Am I likely to find a loader that will fit this tractor? The tractor looks like just what I want and its close to me, so I hate to pass it up.

Thanks for any advice.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:41 pm

Good shape Super A are hard to find ,(in my area)If the price is right . I would grab it. I may not have a home to go too.The loader from what I hear and read on the cub is expensive. and can only pick up chicken manure.As far as a loader for the Super.I would wait and see what these other IH guys say.Just.My 2 cents worth. I would get a 300 utility with a loader. I know I like to dream. I have to stop........ :cry:

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:46 pm

I would tend to agree, neither the cub nor the Super A are beefy enough to be a good loader tractor.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:01 pm

RedNed wrote:Good shape Super A are hard to find ,(in my area)If the price is right . I would grab it. I may not have a home to go too.The loader from what I hear and read on the cub is expensive. and can only pick up chicken manure.As far as a loader for the Super.I would wait and see what these other IH guys say.Just.My 2 cents worth. I would get a 300 utility with a loader. I know I like to dream. I have to stop........ :cry:

For whatever it's worth... if you consider a 300 utility, don't even think about it if it doesn't have power steering. I parked mine only because it was so hard to steer, although it ran well and had a loader. After it sat for a year or more, I traded it even for a non-running project Cub. I've never been sorry.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

RedNed
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby RedNed » Mon Jul 26, 2004 9:16 pm

Power Steering with out question.Without it its like driving a Duece and a half in the Army.@18 and 155lbs.Too young to know better.That did not have power steering also.

Return to “Farmall Cub”