This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

New Cub 'owner'

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
TC2008
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66030
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall Cub

New Cub 'owner'

Postby TC2008 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:14 pm

I apologize for my rudeness, I didn't notice this thread until after posting my question earlier. A little background on my Cub... It's actually not mine. Hence the 'owner' in the topic. I work for the Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park Kansas - http://www.opkansas.org/_Vis/Farmstead/index.cfm
And the Cub has recently become my baby. Not trying to promote my workplace, but it does have some potential for events.

That said, I was introduced to our Cub 2 years ago and have loved it ever since. Needless to say I've been extremely frustrated since it's been on the fritz lately. I do have access to modern Ford diesel tractors that can take its place, but have absolutely no desire to do that. There is nothing better than hearing a comment like "Look, he's going to try to start that thing", or "watch this honey" as I walk up to it and then see the looks on their faces when it fires right up! I'm sure it's something little, and that's pretty much been confirmed (within 10 minutes of my initial post) and with any luck I'll have this beauty up and running tomorrow. Thanks for everything so far and everything to come!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Ron Luebke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30145
eBay ID: 9716ron

Re: New Cub 'owner'

Postby Ron Luebke » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:55 am

welcome to the forum TC20008 :!: a wealth of knowledge here to keep that cub up and running.
TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT !!!

' its just plain ole Ron '

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:00 am

Ron Luebke wrote:welcome to the forum TC20008 :!: a wealth of knowledge here to keep that cub up and running.

Ditto to what Ron said.
Welcome
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:18 am

Welcome to the forum. That looks like a great place to work
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Hengy » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:27 am

Welcome to the forum, TC! I am glad that you are taking time to keep "that hunk of junk" running, and not resorting to those Fords!

Thanks for posting!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Mon May 12, 2008 6:41 pm

Welcome to the forum. Beautiful picture of the workplace

Jim :D

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Mon May 12, 2008 8:13 pm

TC2008 wrote:I apologize for my rudeness, I didn't notice this thread until after posting my question earlier. A little background on my Cub... It's actually not mine. Hence the 'owner' in the topic. I work for the Deanna Rose Farmstead in Overland Park Kansas - http://www.opkansas.org/_Vis/Farmstead/index.cfm
And the Cub has recently become my baby. Not trying to promote my workplace, but it does have some potential for events.

That said, I was introduced to our Cub 2 years ago and have loved it ever since. Needless to say I've been extremely frustrated since it's been on the fritz lately. I do have access to modern Ford diesel tractors that can take its place, but have absolutely no desire to do that. There is nothing better than hearing a comment like "Look, he's going to try to start that thing", or "watch this honey" as I walk up to it and then see the looks on their faces when it fires right up! I'm sure it's something little, and that's pretty much been confirmed (within 10 minutes of my initial post) and with any luck I'll have this beauty up and running tomorrow. Thanks for everything so far and everything to come!

TC:

We are just glad you have come to join us. Most everyone pops in here to introduce themselves once they have become aclimatized shall we say to the forum. Anyone who has a love of a Cub like you do, has to be a good guy fer sure.... whether they own it or just get to play with it. Amazing how something sleek, modern, powerful and with say air conditioning just doesn't quite grab ya like a Cub does. You are kinda lucky, some of us were only able to watch from afar as more fortunate members of the human race got to play with a Cub. And some of us had to wait many years sometimes decades to realize that dream.

Rudi wrote:Image to Farmallcub.com :big smile: Forum Family. And you have come to the right place for all things Cub related. If you click on the Site Rules, Regulations, & Important Information, it will point you to :arrow: the Welcome Wagon wherein you will find links to many useful sites and topics. One of which is the Cub Manual Server where you will find a bunch of really useful links.

Bragging up one's workplace is pretty cool ifn you think about it. How many of us are lucky enough in our lifetime to go to work happy and looking forward to it? How many of get to play at work ??? You are one of the lucky ones. And ifn there is a chance for a CubFest or two there.. I am sure you will have many visitors and guests to those events.

Let us know when you get her up an running respectable like ok? And what the problem was.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Mon May 12, 2008 11:51 pm

:D :D WELCOME :D :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”