This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

I guess sooner then later

Post your introduction and "get to know me" information in this forum.
grunt
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 51557
eBay ID: spec [77]
Tractors Owned: 52 cub
40ish Farmall M with JD bucket

I guess sooner then later

Postby grunt » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:19 am

Well I have been putting this off for a while soo.. I figured I might as well get it done while I have time. Ok.. what do I do for a living..? Well I was a adult film star for 5 years... :shock: J/K. No I really work at a nuclear plant. My job is to stop individuals with less them admirable desire from blowing up the plant and making all of Omaha in to one big glow stick. :jeep: I served almost 10 years in the army reserves as a EPW-MP I assisted in running a internment camp in Kosovo and in doing so go to help in the first democrat elections in Kosovo. I also was deployed to Iraq and worked in the single most largest EPW camp since WWII. Most of the time there spent was working the JIF (joint integration facility) and also at the high value detainee holds. In till I went north and assisted in holding a camp called Ashraft ran buy the Mujahedeen-e-Khalq(http://www.cfr.org/publication/9158/ ) For the purpose of integration buy the cia or fbi etc...
I got married right before I left to Iraq to my wife who at the time was in the air force and who also ended up being sent to Qatar during the last half of my desert deployment. Now the funny thing about that is that I never met my wife's parents before we got married they lived in Virginia and so half way on the second part of my leave back to the states I got to fly out and live with my new in-laws for the first time. Our first conversation was like this. "Hi.. I am your new son in-law, sorry I did not get to meet you before but your daughter (who I have only been dating exclusively for 2 weeks) said I should propose to her before I got deployed."
There is really allot more to this whole story but you get the jest.
I am a avid weight lifting junky and have been now for over 15 years. I am also a Subaru fan, I own two. I am as of last moth a C&R gun license holder so we will see how much money I have left to spend on my cub. :mrgreen: I live on 9 acres of land hidden in the loses hills of Iowa in a house we had built about 2 years ago and right now we are building a garden/ chicken coup so we will see how that goes. I am also hoping to get my root cellar all cinder blocked in and finished. The excavation of the cellar was done last year all 16 feet deep of it. IF I have any money left after that I would like to finish getting the garage built so I can pull my 48 Chevy truck out of storage and finally put in the 383 motor I bought over a 8 years ago to go in it.
I have two daughters one is 3 and one that will be 2 and they will both know how to shoot and work on a combustion motor before they are 10!!!
Well that is about it I am sure I am forgetting some thing but the more I type the more fears I have of this post sounding like rambling.. Oh and the important part. I now have a 1952 F-cub!! :tractor:
Last edited by grunt on Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: I guess sooner the later

Postby Barnyard » Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:21 am

grunt wrote:...Oh and the important part. I now have a 1952 F-cub!! :tractor:

You were saving the best part for last, right? :lol:

Welcome to the forum. As you well know by now this is the place for your Cub questions. Enjoy your stay!
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:44 pm

Grunt Welcome to the form and a big thanks for serving our county. :) :)
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:52 pm

Grunt left out one big part... He is a really cool guy and is gonna fit RIGHT in here on the Cub forum!! Plus he is going to learn how to WORK his newly acquired 52 Cub!!!

Welcome to the forum, Grunt!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:15 am

Hey Grunt:

Well at least now I know the reason for the moniker. It isn't what I thought :big what: :big yuk: Pretty cool intro, I enjoyed reading it. From one Vet to another.. Way Ta Go... The BrotherHood just keeps getting bigger...

Nothing more honourable than serving one's country. Image Image Bravo Zulu.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Introduce Yourself”