This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Electric Fence

Farming and rural life discussion forum. Cooking, hunting, gardening, fishing, critters, etc.
johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:25 pm

:roll: Thanks BD, There description sounds like it is the "Rolls~Royce" of fence chargers. :shock:
Then came Bronson

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:39 pm

George Willer wrote:Even without the gallagher, we never see elephants in the rubber trees around here. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But when your corn is as high as an elephant's eye, how could you see them anyway?

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:21 pm

Has anyone ever watched a bunch of youg calves get their first introduction to an electric fence? They'll get shocked by it and then come back and smell it. Usually 2 or 3 times.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:14 pm

Gallagher fencers come from New Zealand, sheep country. They tested their fencers by putting a coyote in a 5 strand high fence powered by a Gallagher fencer and put sheep in pens all around him. He hit the fence a couple of times, then laid down. After a few days (I forget,, maybe 5??) with no food he still wouldn't go near the fence, they even slaughtered a sheep in a pen right next to his!!
We use one,, I know that you keep your distance or get reminded why you should! :shock: 10,000 volts will wake you right up!! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Jul 29, 2004 9:23 am

I was over at Jerry's the other day picking up the groomer for the road. We needed a piece of log to act as a roller to help get the groomer on the trailer. Only piece I could find was in the pasture just on the other side of the fence. :roll:

Thought that I had lots of room and I did until my right leg moved less than 1/2 an inch :shock: :oops: :oops: :!: darn those electric fences can give you a lift :!: :roll: :lol:

Now I remember why I hated to get the goats to go back in the barn at night. I always got a lift..... :? :lol:

Thank God it wasn't a Gallagher :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Buggyscott
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Buggyscott » Sun Aug 29, 2004 5:28 pm

:idea: Got a lot more deer than I need plus an electric fence all around the place. Got a Gallagher Charger, etc. I can sit and watch the deer just sort of hope over my fences which have a top wire at about 48". Unless you got a fence about 10', I figure you just might as well enjoy looking at the deer since you are not going to keep them out. :D

Lew W
10+ Years
10+ Years

Deer are mighty dangerous

Postby Lew W » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:46 am

While the wife and I were riding our motorcycle on a small local road a deer came from the woods 15 feet away and ran into us on a dead run. The deer broke my wife's leg just below the knee and I was fortunate to maintain control and managed to keep the bike from falling. The deer was dead but my wife is still in a hospital bed at home. This happened the 1st week of June.
Can I get a gallagher and a fence to surround my motorcycle?

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:56 pm

Lew, I expect it could be done, but you'd need some extention cord!! :lol:
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Farm Life and Better Half Forum”