This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

spell check

How do I.... ?
Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

spell check

Postby Jim Roy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:28 am

What happened to spell check. I had it yesterday but this morning when I right click on my message spell check isn't there. The way I type it sure comes in handy just wondering if it is just short time or is it permantly gone? :( :(
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Dennis
Site Admin
Zip Code: 64075
Tractors Owned: 1947 Farmall Cub
104 Cub Cadet
Cub Cadet Original
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: spell check

Postby Dennis » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:02 pm

jimbo9745 wrote:What happened to spell check. I had it yesterday but this morning when I right click on my message spell check isn't there. The way I type it sure comes in handy just wondering if it is just short time or is it permantly gone? :( :(
Jim

Jim, it must be a problem with your browser; there is not spell checker installed in the forum -- all the ones I've tested in the past or considered installing either slow the site down or they shut down without notice... I gave up and just use Firefox's spell checker.

Dennis

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:23 pm

I try really hard to avoid spelling mistakes. The dictionary within easy reach helps a lot! :{_}:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:19 pm

George Willer wrote:I try really hard to avoid spelling mistakes. The dictionary within easy reach helps a lot! :{_}:

AND, it keeps your mind sharp--just ask George!! :)

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:22 pm

George:
George Willer wrote:I try really hard to avoid spelling mistakes. The dictionary within easy reach helps a lot! :{_}:

It sure pays to have had a zealous English Composition "Spelling/Grammar" teacher huh? Spelling Bee's never used to be just National Competitions, but revolved around the classroom. I had a special teacher who helped me and my spelling and I never forgot Mr. Lessard - EVER :wink: :roll: :lol: . I thought I was a smart a$$.. and said some bad words. He proved to me I wasn't and he gave me pages of the Oxford Unabridged Dictionary to write out to ensure that I understood the point. By the end of the year, I had finished the whole tome... :big smile:

I do use a spell checker occasionally though, as I have found that as we age, our eyes see what we wish them to see... so sometimes it pays to have one installed. I use IESpell as a plug-in for IE and of course the FireFox add-in. I use Canadian/International or British spellings though, because I cannot seem to spell words like honour and labour without the "u"... so I am constantly training the spell checkers.. :big give up:

Oh well.....

But they are available.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Roy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Jim Roy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:47 pm

Thanks Dennis.
Now George, Bob and Rudi you know I shouldn't use a dictionary I might get to know the meaning of words also. :wink: :wink:
Jim
My wife has a long honey do list, I read it, thank about it, than take a nap to see if it goes away.
49 Cub

markwayne
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24550
Tractors Owned: 1952 F Cub

Postby markwayne » Mon Apr 28, 2008 5:28 pm

I use GNU Aspell http://aspell.net/. It runs in the background and adds spell check to every program that lets it. Like this editor on this webpage.

Mark
grandpops 52 Fcub #151651, 193 plow, 144 cultivators, 174 runner planter, Type C Duplex hopper, 53 Fertilizer Unit, front/mid mount blade, IH but non Cub 4 foot disc, non IH peg tooth harrow, and one of the infamous and much maligned belt pulleys.

Return to “Message Board & Computer Questions”